Members Helping Members

Dobalovr

Being on the Cbody diet SUCKS!
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread of all the great help I have received since joining this group with advice and parts procurement. I've purchased several items from members here over the last year and thanks to you my projects are closer to being completed. I will continue to post to this thread any shout outs to members who have provided advice or taken the time to dig up a part I needed. I encourage all members to post their good deal stories but please leave the negatives out. Thanks again guys and if I forget to mention you it's only because I'm old...

Today Critter and I met up with member Tobias74 to take an up close look at his 71 300 with the sunroof project and discuss obtaining some parts I need for my 70 300. Thanks Tobias for showing us around and thanks for the parts from your 69 300 parts car! BTW having 2 sunroof cars definitely means you are on the You Suck list nevermind the Polara, NY, The Wagon or the Imperial you have! Great guy to deal with!

When my second convertible was for sale in Missouri, Mark in Carlisle and I were talking about it. I had expressed interest in it and he asked if I was serious. I told him I was dead serious. He said he was strongly considering it but if I was going after it he would back off. When the auction was over without a bid, again, he and I communicated with one another. He was the one who coached me through the way I should handle the seller.

Not exactly a parts exchange but still he did what he felt was the right thing to do.... Mark is aces in my book. I felt that way prior but after that day I knew it.

[QUOTE="polara71,

Not exactly a parts exchange but still he did what he felt was the right thing to do.... Mark is aces in my book. I felt that way prior but after that day I knew it.[/QUOTE]

X2. Mark is a stand up guy, the kind of guy I would want to inspect a car if I were not able to. He first located Jazabelle and cleared the way for me to pursue her.
:thumbsup: to Mark.

I owe Thanks to so many guys here it's impossible for me to list them without accidentally leaving one out.
I'm throwing out thanks to ALL of you from all these years.

AND while im at it Will sent me the five bolts I needed that were missing on Missouri for the convertible top .....FREE of charge..... :thumbsup:

This is what I'm talking about. Even though I'm sure each and every one of us would be more than happy to help another member out its great to hear the stories...

AND Chris held onto a fender and trim for me for a few years, probably more like five. I was concerned about things getting damaged while shipping and then of course price. He delivered it to Carlisle last summer during his cross country adventurous vacation.

:thumbsup:

3 and a half years ago, when Duesenberg(my Great Dane) passed the outpouring of support and kind words from so many was amazing. Not to mention several members actually making donations to thier local animal causes in his name, it was a humbling experience. I am proud to consider a growing number of you on this site friends because of that and so many other reasons both car related and not. My hat is off to you all!

Thanks. Dobalovr, good idea, there's too much negativity lately. Here's one, after Carlisle last year I found some parts online near Erie PA, a days drive for me. Turns out Big John needed some parts too, so being a lot closer I did the purchase and Big John went out of his way to pick them up and ship the pieces I needed, while getting some parts he needed.

AND Chris held onto a fender and trim for me for a few years, probably more like five. I was concerned about things getting damaged while shipping and then of course price. He delivered it to Carlisle last summer during his cross country adventurous vacation.

Chris has provided parts for my 66 as well...great service and very reasonably priced!

There are so many people here on FCBO for me to thank for so many reasons. Parts, leads to parts, knowledge, moral support, frienship and the list goes on. Everyone (and this list is very long) knows who they are and I consider them not only dedicated and passionate Mopar guys...but more importantly very good lifelong friends!

THANK YOU!!!!

There are so many people here on FCBO for me to thank for so many reasons. Parts, leads to parts, knowledge, moral support, frienship and the list goes on. Everyone (and this list is very long) knows who they are and I consider them not only dedicated and passionate Mopar guys...but more importantly very good lifelong friends!

THANK YOU!!!!

You've said it much better than I ever could! I first joined a C-body related site back in 1996, wow 21 years ago. Time flies when you're having fun.

THANK YOU!!!

I would have agree with the crowd. I have learned lots just reading some of the threads, and certainly the help with parts.
The Canadians sure have been generous with me. Critter and Bill especially. Thanks to everyone

Thank You Graham and since you are giving so much gratitude here, I would like to thank you on behalf of the group for always looking out for something another member wants or needs. You have offered your services and those of your dealer to many here. You extended your hospitality to me early in my Imperial search and while the car wasn't meant to be, I have not forgotten the generous offer you extended. Recently you have provided me an opportunity to own a special piece of Imperial art... the man cave remodel will be quite sometime before completion... but it will definitely be the center piece of the "Imperial Room".

A quick shout to Mr C who has helped many, but none more than me. Thank you.

And my friend Eddie, who may not notice this, but A bodies are cool too.

And to the many others who have helped me develop my small parts hoard, or even just tried to, my thanks.

Mostly... Thanks to all here for putting up with me.

Don't forget, there have been members who have helped members and it had absolutely nothing to do with cars.
I want to give you a very sincere thanks.

I agree with all comments above. I've been helped many times personally and have been happy about help/support/etc I've seen many member provide to others ... support, encouragement, knowledge, experience, parts, information, links to what was needed etc. Not all car related and that's great too.

Makes me feel good to see this here daily.

I have had so many members help me over the years with the BoaB.
I am very grateful that I also got to meet a lot of members at Carlisle last summer. I worked very hard to make sure I was at that show.
I had people travel great distances to visit me and take pics of an unfinished car.
I also traveled great distance to get free parts!

Chris Sherman is a stand up guy.
My parts I bought from him were riding along in a car he sold to Steve Hobby and shipped East. Then I drove down to Joisey to pick them up!!

I remember Meeting Rob Brogle the first time when he drove a rental van to Clayton NY and helped him remove parts from a 68 300 in a yard.

2008 was an awesome summer when Fury440 and his wife stayed at my house for a week. I had one of my majestic "CARBEQUE" Where I served Alberta sized steaks--or so I thought!!

Brian in Abbotsford,B.C. we swapped and traded parts and put them on the bus! LOL!
Lastly,Steve Hobby and the Joisey Boys always friendly and visited there many times and did crazy trips. Did not have to pay for a hotel but Hobby made sure I worked like a Mexican,LOL!!! All is good!
I have soo many good stories and soo many good people here that there is not enough room here to tell all.
THANKS Y'ALL!
You know I will pay it forward.

2008 was an awesome summer when Fury440 and his wife stayed at my house for a week. I had one of my majestic "CARBEQUE" Where I served Alberta sized steaks--or so I thought!!
Yes a great time was had by all! A Carbeque ..
IMG_1297.JPG

Now this is a steak!
IMG_1296.JPG

We had a fantastic visit, we met up with Ross (Jazzandmoparguy) and Leaburn in Toronto and got a ride in Ross's 4spd 440 - awesome fast car! Drove north to Beaverton and visited Nigle at National Moparts and bought a few goodies. From there we followed Leaburn to his house in Kingston. We did a day trip to Cornwall for a car show, lots of neat cars. We had a blast! Thanks again Leaburn, for your hospitality and your friendship. :p

Back