For Sale Mopar Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Story of my life, more or less, but I never expected anything else in the first place.

Cheer up. America is going to be great again.

How do you say that in Russian ? :D

You've been adding a couple more Basement floors to that garage or anything new on your numerous Projects btw ?

Ran out of time this fall to start a building, and was also one armed for a time, so AGAIN next year... Skeptical?.... Get in line behind me.

I did need to write some money off for this year, so I bought another toy. Ex-military (Army) pay loader with a 4 in 1 bucket, only 2098 hours, decent Michelin radials etc...

1202161418 - Copy.jpg

Also did some work to my boat, but getting rid of the 350 Chevy to go Mopar has been a challenge; the starter was on the wrong side, so besides making the adaptor plate I had to section a piece of a Chrysler bell housing into the Mercruiser housing. I also had to make adaptor plates for the exhaust risers as well and also all the plumbing and mounts for a heat exchanger to run antifreeze through the engine vs. river water which is the norm for inland stern drives.
0704162006_0002.jpg

0831161910.jpg

IMG_1891 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1897 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Also did some work to my boat, but getting rid of the 350 Chevy to go Mopar has been a challenge; the starter was on the wrong side, so besides making the adaptor plate I had to section a piece of a Chrysler bell housing into the Mercruiser housing. I also had to make adaptor plates for the exhaust risers as well and also all the plumbing and mounts for a heat exchanger to run antifreeze through the engine vs. river water which is the norm for inland stern drives.
View attachment 112394
View attachment 112395

View attachment 112396

View attachment 112397

Still the Swiss watchmaker genes coming through I see. :D

Still the Swiss watchmaker genes coming through I see. :D
Damn, you have a good memory. You would be more likely to recognize my last name than anyone here in the U.S. as just my great grandfather and his brother were the only ones that came here in the 1880s with that name. Basically if they have my last name, we are related to some degree. I stem from Bern Switzerland (northern / German speaking) back to the 1500s. I think the name is also of German decent.

I do enjoy doing detailed work occasionally. Here is a stock that I made from a 10' plank of Black Walnut from a pasture near Irene SD and the pistol grip cap is Ironwood root from Coolidge AZ... The checkering is my own pattern @ 20 lines per inch, filed in 1 at a time.

Ruger Mini 14 (1).JPG

Ruger Mini 14 (2).JPG

301 area code on the building somewhere around Baltimore north of D.C., probably eastern shore area.

Just saw this thread. That's the shop where I had my car fixed after its 33-year hibernation. It's located in Beltsville, MD, about 2 miles NE of the Washington, DC Beltway as the crow flies. The owner, Smitty, is a member here.

OK, that's some weird schmidt; I haven't been on here for many, many moons and tonight I got curious... I hope all has been well for the original clan here. I see I need to reload my pictures in some garage something or other.

View attachment 112298

View attachment 112300
hi I see you have a 57 Desoto is she for sale and what condition is the car in
also do you have any other 57/8 etc items for sale [mopar only]
thanks

I have had the Fireflite for many years and just bought a '57 Firedome 2drht recently that is needing a lot of help as well, but it is a pretty solid car. Nothing in that line for sale at this point.

Surprized I saw this, as I haven't been here for some time. I just noticed a red marker on my C-body icon.

I have had the Fireflite for many years and just bought a '57 Firedome 2drht recently that is needing a lot of help as well, but it is a pretty solid car. Nothing in that line for sale at this point.

Surprized I saw this, as I haven't been here for some time. I just noticed a red marker on my C-body icon.
ok thanks for the reply I am after a 57/8 coupe or parts to aid restoration of my own you have a couple of nice forward look cars there ,hope all goes well with the with the work on the firedome ,but if you change your mind please could you forward me pictures and information
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back