Need your help on spreadsheet

Dunno the Canadian models very well at all, but still tryin to help collect info. but, lotsa members hail from/may know a lot about it that market, so i'm sure they will add what they know.

hopefully, the US and Canadian market had a lot of similarities over the 14 years, and the big differences are KNOWN commonly in peoples' heads so not that much diggin' around internet/other sources is needed.

So here's are couple of things:

this 1974 Canadian brochure on Fury indicates no "Gran Fury" that year (unless a mid yr intro) but rather the "Gran Series" which was not available for Wagons it seems.

1974 Plymouth Full Line  Cdn -03.jpg

Directory Index: Plymouth/1974 Plymouth/1974_Plymouth_Full_Line Brochure_Cdn

The Fuselage.de folks may have other Canadian brochures, like the 69 Monaco/Polara here, if we get pinched for info?

69dod_can_cover_b.jpg

Mopar Fuselage Styled Full Size Cars

Last edited:
know 34 -1971 GTs came to Canada...was thankfull for that little tidbit of info from a member here...

Thanks. What I was figuring was to figure out first what years 65 - xx the model lineup was different than the US.
If that provesto be too difficult, may leave it with just US models and move on to breaking models down to Fury I, Fury II, Polara 500, Newport Custom. Etc. At least for that we have Hamtramck again. Thank gawd.

Lol

Well, we'll call this Version 1.0 for now :p
28lxths.jpg

Criteria :
1. Every C-body is on that chart under their correct year.
2. There is not one car on that chart that is not a C-body
Imperial had two model`s, Crown and Le baron. The Crown`s last year was`70. Just puttin that out here for when you get there.:)

Thanks. What I was figuring was to figure out first what years 65 - xx the model lineup was different than the US.

Yeah, the Chart 1.0 is obviously the starting point.

1. perhaps focusing on the 'transitions" like the year the B's became "Furys" in US was it the same time as in Canada or earlier/later?

2. Likewise, but a bit different, was the Canadian 1965 and 1966 Custom 880 a "C" body like in the US, or did Chrysler carry forward the pre-1965 body to save on tooling investment or whatever (my old company routinely did it...sometimes building stuff out of production in the US for YEARS in other markets outside the US, but admittedly not so much in Canada tho)?

3. Were there any mix/match "branding and badging" -- not trying to funny -- like for example a "Plymouth 500", or "Dodge VIP", or one of the older names like a Chrysler "Windsor" or a "Vancouver" (regional marketing play) that got put on a C body? Maybe even a "C" body "Coronet" or something like that? Again, my old company did this stuff rather frequently, even in Canada on occasion, with their platforms/brands.

Like the US version of the Plymouth VIP, some of these cars may NOT have had FURY, or POLARA, or whatever major model name visible anywhere.

The VIN tells no tales as we know (assuming it wasnt messed with), but also some people (me included before this thread) did NOT know that darn 66-69 VIP didn't say "FURY" anywhere on it.​

I am sure anyone here on FCBO seeing a VIP in person would quickly figure it out just from the lines of the car...but others not so well versed in C's might need the "Chart" to assist?
So again, hopefully the Canadian version is a "snap" and then real fun begins with all the models/bodies/price classes, etc.. Maybe a decision early on about how FAR to go with that, IF SIMPLE and USEFUL is still a goal when the complexity of models/bodys/years/regions mushrooms?

Last edited:
66 880 is a C body. The big noticeable thing with Canadian C body Dodges was that they used Plymouth Fury Interiors including the dash on slabs. On fusey's the seats were Fury pattern, but the Dodge got the "proper" dash.

Here's a 66 880:

39370974001_original.jpg

66 880 is a C body. The big noticeable thing with Canadian C body Dodges was that they used Plymouth Fury Interiors including the dash on slabs. On fusey's the seats were Fury pattern, but the Dodge got the "proper" dash.

Here's a 66 880:

View attachment 69871

yup, that's a C.

wasn't doubting you Mr. C...just questioning Chrysler's actions versus things the "industry" often did.;)

Mr C..or anyone.

Do you know IF there was a "highline" Monaco in 1966 in Canada along side the Custom 880?

not so much a question for now..we just need an "X" in 1966 for the Canadian version of Custom 880 .. but when the Chart expands to call out individual models.

The evidence in US is in 1966 the prior year Custom 880 became the high-line car in US: the Monaco 500 perhaps (don't know my models in this era that well -- sorry)?

1966 Monaco.jpg

Last edited:
I think a Monaco doesn't need to be listed twice, one as a CA Monaco and one as US Monaco because of trim differences.
If Joe Ford sees a Monaco emblem, finds it on the chart, it's a C-body regardless of it's origin.
Also, if Joe Honda sees a Windsor emblem, he should be able to find that on the chart, also.

On the chart, it would be in the model box along with Polara, Monaco, etc. and shown as, Windsor (CAN only).
Would that work?

Last edited:
First things first, I guess.
What monikers were used in Canada and NOT in the U.S.?
Windsor is one.

I think a Monaco doesn't need to be listed twice, one as a CA Monaco and one as US Monaco because of trim differences.
If Joe Ford sees a Monaco emblem, finds it on the chart, it's a C-body regardless of it's origin.
Also, if Joe Honda sees a Windsor emblem, he should be able to find that on the chart, also.

On the chart, it would be in the model box along with Polara, Monaco, etc. and shown as, Windsor (CAN only).
Would that work?

i agree..i dont see any reason to list "Monaco" twice either across the two markets.

i was trying to ferret out "one off's" -- the stuff experts would call out -- and IF there are ANY (like a Windsor or whatever) NOT appearing in US, showing them under a major brand heading as you have done already, with a "(CAN only)" notation would get it done I believe.

First things first, I guess.
What monikers were used in Canada and NOT in the U.S.?
Windsor is one.

really. Windsor is one? I just made that up cuz "Windsor" the Canadian city is right across the river from Detroit.;)

Last edited:
Hmmm... Look at the that. And a Sport 300, too. ;)

And everybody thinks it's all cut and dried. Not.

It might be easier to have a separate tab by country. The other option would be to have a separate column for country codes sold but then that would have to be included for each year also. Ugh...

Apparently there was a 1965-only Chrysler "Saratoga" (white car)..looks like a C to me. I saw something about another model...the "Saratoga 300" ... that may be relevant, IF it existed and IF its a C body, when the Chart expands by specific model.

Plus we now know about the "Windsor" - second pic is the 1965 Windsor (blue and red cars) model. We know there was a 1966 Windsor and they say it ended after that year ... WAS there a "Newport" alongside this Windsor '65-'66, or did Newport show up in Canada in 1967?

Link below shows US and Canada Markets side by side in 1965 (I scanned the size any only found 1965 for Chrysler Canada) so that's where i found this Saratoga.

Chrysler 1965 Saratoga2-DoorHardtopCanada.jpg
Chrysler 1965 WindsorCanada.jpg

Chrysler/Imperial 1965

Last edited:
Apparently there was a 1965 Chrysler "Saratoga" (white car)..looks like a C to me. I saw something about another model...the "Saratoga 300" ... that may be relevant, IF it existed and IF its a C body, when the Chart expands by specific model.

Plus we now know about the "Windsor" - second pic is the 1965 Windsor (blue and red cars) model. We know there was a 1966 Windsor and they say it ended after that year ... WAS there a "Newport" alongside this Windsor 65-66, or did Newport show up in Canada in 1967?

Link below shows US and Canada Markets side by side in 1965 (I scanned the size any only found 1965 for Chrysler Canada) so that's where i found this Saratoga.

View attachment 69912 View attachment 69913

Chrysler/Imperial 1965

The trim on the Saratoga (side and rear) sure looks like the 300. I know in 64 at least, the 300 2 and 4dr hardtops had Saratoga badging.

Heritage park 2005 051.jpg

Last edited:
Back