New from West Central Illinois

safetymike77

Reaction score
Hello all. Myself, I am a self taught old car freak. Quite frankly, I love the oddball, non-belly button, hardly ever see around kind of cars. I have had a multitude of rides, ranging from my first old car, which was a 78 Nova (I am 33, ok? Lol), and I then had a a 70 Lemans, a 78 Ramcharger, and a 71 Fury in college. By far my favorite was the fury. Since I sold that one a year out of school, I have had a wide range of cars as well, ranging from a 47 Pontiac to a 59 Plymouth Savoy to a 54 Dodge truck, a 55 Ford pickup, which all of these I have sold. Now, my stable includes a 65 Chrysler Newport, a 60 Plymouth Belvedere, and the 71 Fury wagon that I just picked up. The newport is for sale to finance the fury, and the fury will soon be the car we tool around in for shows.

I am happily married to the only woman I have ever met who enjoys the old cars with me, and we have 2.5 children. My oldest is 8, and she is from a previous marriage. We also have one who is 2 and a half, and one on the way, due in May.

I have only lived in this area since April of last year, and I am anxious to really enjoy having old cars this summer. Last year, I didn't have any running! Anyway, I will attach some pics of my current toys.

DSC03190.jpg

DSC03405.jpg

DSC03409.jpg

DSC03419.jpg

DSC03913.jpg

I'm new, too, but I'll give you a welcome. :welcome: I'm a member over on the generic "station wagon forum" - those guys are pretty cool, too. Might be able to locate some parts for your wagon over there if you need anything. There's a guy just outside of town here that has something like that 60 Plymouth you have. It's kinda neat and a desert car but I imagine isn't easy to find parts for.

No, not really. I am working on trying to find a better body shell. I have a buddy who lives in cali and owns a junkyard. May buy one from him, but I am patiently waiting a tax refund from buying my house last year. If I had known I could have filed it with my 2009 taxes, I would have had it long ago!

SafetyMike has some nice iron..........:sSig_welcometoourcl

and he brought photos..........

Welcome to the site, Great cars!

Back