New Pabst microbrewery and taproom set to open in May

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool stuff!

My Great-Grandfather (migrated from Frankfurt, Germany) was a Master Brewer at this brewery from 1880-1919. It is just amazing how the many Pabst Brewery buildings from the 19th century have been re-purposed and not torn down!

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwauke...-microbrewery-and-taproom-set-to-open-in.html

pabst-brewery-750xx960-539-0-413.jpg

Captain Pabst headquarters

9da4020cf500bf4be97c6b3dc937e872.jpg

That's a really cool story about your great grandfather. Amazing that the buildings are still around. On a similar thought, I took the tour of the St Louis Bud plant last weekend.

That is a tour that has really changed over the years.
As a side note I used to work for a company that built bottle washers and beer pasteurizers for bottlers around the world.
Those are some magnificent old buildings.

The Miller Brewery in Milwaukee still has a very cool tour.

Hoping to make it down there for Summerfest and a Brewer's game this summer. Gonna have to add that to the list of things to see while I'm there

Check out Lake Shore Park while you are there and drive on Lake Shore Drive north all the way to River Hills and see all the 19th century mansions.....just amazing.

BTW....Lake Shore Park and other parks in Milwaukee were designed by Frederick Law Olmsted.

He;s the guy that designed Central park in NYC, and many other parks across the country. He also designed the entire layout of the Chicago World's Fair in 1892.

Frederick Law Olmsted - Wikipedia

What a waste of a church, Hamm's is much better beer.

Just kidding, Hamm's sucks. I've only had 1 in my lifetime while downing plenty of PBR!

I love the old architecture old breweries have, a nod back to the fatherland.

So, it's going to be a microbrewery, any word on what they are brewing?

You're slacking Bob! Will you be checking it out on one of your trips up this way?

Check out Lake Shore Park while you are there and drive on Lake Shore Drive north all the way to River Hills and see all the 19th century mansions.....just amazing.
Would love to see that too! Especially from behind the wheel of the Imperial. I have family in the Waukesha/Sussex area but I have yet to expierince any of the neat sites and attractions Milwaukee has to offer

Back