New space will fit a couple of C-bodies

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread, I will have a new storage area on my farm, where my shop is located. I am very excited, my cousin is willing to give up some space for me. For his troubles I will install a 10x10 garage door for his car.

The great part the structure and floor are there. I will just enclose the open end. My best friend and I will work on it, in September. My plans this year are a 10x16 garage door, stud the interior block wall, insulate the walls and ceiling, new windows and run the electric.

My space will end up 24 feet deep by 20 feet wide. Ceiling it 11 feet. In the picture it will be the left side of the building, and I will build a wall, to the right of the second window.

IMG_20170723_145140415_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170723_145210466.jpg

Finding decent storage space is worth a lot. Looks great. Congrats.

Yes I lost two different storage areas in the last year. I was thinking of building a new building, but didn't really want to spend that much money. This ended up fitting the bill, the roof is only a few years old and I painted the building a couple years ago, so no maintenance for many years.

i can picture it with a drive on lift.

I can see it that too, with the high ceiling I could fit 4 c-bodies in there.

I won't say that is out of the realm of possibilities, but I need to find a wagon first, that will fill he garage. Then a 4 post for my future '67 Imperial. :)

Step one to my new storage. Part of my deal for my garage space was to remove the current wall, but he had storage shelves which needed to be replaced. New shelving installed, the ball is rolling.

IMG_20170729_135103.jpg

Old shelving and wall to be removed

IMG_20170729_140324606.jpg

I mentioned in another thread, I will have a new storage area on my farm, where my shop is located. I am very excited, my cousin is willing to give up some space for me. For his troubles I will install a 10x10 garage door for his car.

The great part the structure and floor are there. I will just enclose the open end. My best friend and I will work on it, in September. My plans this year are a 10x16 garage door, stud the interior block wall, insulate the walls and ceiling, new windows and run the electric.

My space will end up 24 feet deep by 20 feet wide. Ceiling it 11 feet. In the picture it will be the left side of the building, and I will build a wall, to the right of the second window.

View attachment 135234 View attachment 135235
You just keep moving farther up the "You Suck" list...:thumbsup:

There will be a lot of progress on the garage this week. Monday is the official start day. I will take a week off work to help my friend who has done the ordering/planning for the project. I got that last of my jobs done this weekend. I have run and buried 175 feet of wire from my shop to the garage, and my step brother will hook the electric up on Monday.

Getting excited for the space still need a wagon for one side. :)
Burying wire.jpg

View attachment 135234 View attachment 135235

hell...ld move in there with car....

I had a good day working on the garage. Old wall down and window frames removed, electric hooked up, picked up my lumber and 3 of 4 holes dug.

Only slow down was to go rent a jack hammer, to break up the concrete, where the posts are going.

IMG_20170911_112654637.jpg
IMG_20170911_173109141.jpg
IMG_20170911_173030886.jpg
IMG_20170911_173053993.jpg

How many amps available at the box? 60? Looks like 3- 20 amp circuits
Yes just a 60 amp, I only plan on this being a storage garage. My shop is only 175 feet away, via the route of the of UDR wire. It has a 100 amp service and is heated. I can hook up 220 in my garage later, for a compressor or if I need more room a 4 post lift. :)

I got my 4th hole dug, but it was quite the challenge. I broke out the concrete slab above yesterday with the jack hammer. I discovered today that directly below was around a 300-350lb rock.

Thankfully my cousin has a skid steer. We still spend a good 2 hour of digging around the rock before the skid steer could move it.

Didn't get as much done as planned today, but did get all 4 posts set in concrete.

IMG_20170912_095212378_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170912_170459363_HDR.jpg

Back