Dubledeuce

Reaction score
Just found this site while searching for som info on fender data tag info. MY numbers and the VIN decoders seem to be on different planets.

Anyway, as means of introduction I am 78 year model body with a 25 year old running gear and an engine that has a ring or two stuck but i'm still here. Bought this 68 300 convertible iCloud Photos - Apple iCloud the showroom floor in Jan 69, a model holdover, just after returning from military duty in Korea and Vietnam. Told the salesman "I want that red one with the white top".
Drove it some 79,000 miles until it was too damn expensive to run. $.42 a gallon was rough on the pocketbook back in the day. My work brought me to Georgia in 1975 and i brought the car with me and it is still parked in the carport. I have had a couple of opportunities to restore it (ran a truck repair shop for 15 years) but never could get the part, motivation, and money together at the same time.

I started a restore on the engine in 1976. got it all back together and drove it over to the upholsters for a new top and reskinned the seats but then went back out on the road again as a field engineer and never got back to it.

Retired and no worries but I hate that the car is just sitting there rotting. iCloud Photos - Apple iCloud

Nice car, one photo link worked.

IMG_1259.jpeg

Welcome @Dubledeuce — you are in the right place. Look forward to seeing more pics of your 1968 300 ‘vert in Georgia!

Hi, your pix link is a little iffy, Give us a pix of the fender tag and we'll help you out

Back