For Sale Rare 1964 Flxible 29 Passenger Starliner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet bus. I'm in love with these... the only reason I didn't find/buy one was I knew how much modification I was planning... I couldn't bring myself to ruin that fine rump.

I'm not sure how amazinblue would feel, I would have no issues pulling out those later seats and converting this. I just wouldn't want to screw up her good looks with too much surgery.

Where is amazinblue

He is why I posted this.
Exactly. It's been 7 hours since this was posted.

Sweet bus. I'm in love with these... the only reason I didn't find/buy one was I knew how much modification I was planning... I couldn't bring myself to ruin that fine rump.

I'm not sure how amazinblue would feel, I would have no issues pulling out those later seats and converting this. I just wouldn't want to screw up her good looks with too much surgery.

Way late to the party .. because I did and I did not go to the "Windsor Ballet" (the local name for 100% naturale strip clubs across the river) with Schrodinger's cat. :)

Thanks commando1 for the post -- sorry just getting to it. Isn't that a 50's model though?

Honestly, i cannot keep up the pace you guys have with the threads here. Seriously, dunno how you guys do it.

Yeah, cantflip. you put your finger on a great point. Who would wanna saw that up inside (though the seats arent original) and mess with the structure. It so NICE apparently.

While I got a flock of original cars, I cannot get into the original bus business .. but damn. Then the bus forums would "ride my a** like Zorro" -- just as YOU guys would if I put in Recaros, fuzzy dice, and donked my '71 Polara cop rig.

that said, this is a nice friggin' Starliner! Love that rear end. Suggestions on who to call (if no experienced members are local) to look at it for me?

Last edited:
Same bus yes? Sold recently (past few years)? Shopped out the church name in link below but description/pics identical?

Hmm...something is afoot here. Not nefarious .. but curious.

source: 1964 Flxible Starliner 8203 - Buses for Sale

00-3-2.jpg

00-3-2.jpg
00-3-1.jpg

Way late to the party .. because I did and I did not go to the "Windsor Ballet" (the local name for 100% naturale strip clubs across the river) with Schrodinger's cat. :)

Thanks commando1 for the post -- sorry just getting to it. Isn't that a 50's model though?

Honestly, i cannot keep up the pace you guys have with the threads here. Seriously, dunno how you guys do it.

Yeah, cantflip. you put your finger on a great point. Who would wanna saw that up inside (though the seats arent original) and mess with the structure. It so NICE apparently.

While I got a flock of original cars, I cannot get into the original bus business .. but damn. Then the bus forums would "ride my a** like Zorro" -- just as YOU guys would if I put in Recaros, fuzzy dice, and donked my '71 Polara cop rig.

that said, this is a nice friggin' Starliner! Love that rear end. Suggestions on who to call (if no experienced members are local) to look at it for me?

Starliners were built from 1957 to 1967.

Breeds of Flxibles – Flxible Owners International

Kevin

Didn't want to scare off potential Episcopalians.

:)

1580330354-Larry_Cable_Guy_thats_funny_right_t.jpg

I was more questioning the discrepancy in the last time the bus changed hands.

Both ad texts say one owner since 80's, yet ONE ad says "Sold" recently. thats the mystery.

It's only a mystery up to the time you inquire... :poke:

i did ... the "SOLD" site was investigating for me. No answer yet from the current seller.

i just listed it as a "mystery". a failed sale is likely reason .. then its "why that", etc.

Bigger mystery is its condition "up close and in person" assessed by someone who knows what they aer doing.

i'm on it :)

The fee will be an invitation for a ride. :)

The fee will be an invitation for a ride in the driver's seat. :)

Fixed.

Oh .. i had him set up with the church ladies .. and Mrs Commando1. We were gonna go to Cracker Barrel and then play Bingo for our inaugural cruise.

3-jpg.102689

Wonder if there is room for a 6BT in there.
I bet there is lots of space, the rear curbside door was access for a cargo bay behind the back seats. The panels could be removed for bigger maintenance jobs, but IDK how easy that was.
During reconfiguration of busses in service or conversions those luggage bays could be altered in size by moving the bulkhead... sometimes conversions eliminated it. Either way, if she can carry a 4v71, I wonder how close to the weight load she is good for already... I'm sure the additional torque would bring drive line questions into play too.
i did ... the "SOLD" site was investigating for me. No answer yet from the current seller.

i just listed it as a "mystery". a failed sale is likely reason .. then its "why that", etc.

Bigger mystery is its condition "up close and in person" assessed by someone who knows what they aer doing.

i'm on it :)
AFAIAC $20k is a big price on a non-converted Flxible of this era, but if she was maintained well it may be worth it... if you follow Kevin's link to FOI "adopt-a-flx" page there are several that look like big potential to me... if you are willing to give up the Scenic dream.
1955FLXIBLE_03_700-300x225.jpg
Flx-Bus-Photos-001-300x225.jpg
IM000254-300x225.jpg
As much as I love the older models, they would be even more challenging to make a convenient to set up/teardown coach out of at least the Starliner has some basement space to work with. That will go a long way for design flexibility.

I bet there is lots of space, the rear curbside door was access for a cargo bay behind the back seats. The panels could be removed for bigger maintenance jobs, but IDK how easy that was.

During reconfiguration of busses in service or conversions those luggage bays could be altered in size by moving the bulkhead... sometimes conversions eliminated it. Either way, if she can carry a 4v71, I wonder how close to the weight load she is good for already... I'm sure the additional torque would bring drive line questions into play too.

AFAIAC $20k is a big price on a non-converted Flxible of this era, but if she was maintained well it may be worth it... if you follow Kevin's link to FOI "adopt-a-flx" page there are several that look like big potential to me... if you are willing to give up the Scenic dream.

As much as I love the older models, they would be even more challenging to make a convenient to set up/teardown coach out of at least the Starliner has some basement space to work with. That will go a long way for design flexibility.

Once again a thoughtful, informative answer Cantflip. Many thanks :)

I have wanted a Scenicruiser since I was 8 years old. Reality of old age has not dimmed it .. but one must be practical about our "dreams". There are only 100 of them left.

Doing one from scratch will take every bit of $250K -- probably -- depending on how badly it was pummeled inservice. Buying one done, depending on the extent to which, and when it was previously upgraded, is less than $100K -- usually, but a couple out there the owners want $500K for .. and that don't work for me.

Decisions, decisions. THANKS AGAIN man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back