Recommendations for Aftermarket Deep Oil Pan 66 Fury

Michael Robinson

Reaction score
For starters the site has helped me and my build out tremendously even with the few times I have posted! Now that ive got parts coming in and the motor blueprinted if you will I need to know about oil pans, the last one I had (Stock for the 440) had a slight cut out in it to clear the steering on my 66 Fury but its not NEAR deep enough to run a HV oil pump, my question is does anyone have any experience with an aftermarket deep pan that still clears all the linkage??

Milodon Street and Strip Oil Pan Kits 31930

This is what I used on my 65. It doesn't touch anything from lock to lock on the steering, fits like a glove.
With that said, your 66 stub is different, if it would change anything, I don't know.
The pan hangs down 2" past the K member.

Overkill for most applications-your results may vary
oilpan.jpg

I have a Milodon 7 qt on a 493 in my 66 NYkr. Not sure what model # it is (it looks like that 31930 from above) but at the time it listed A,B and E-body as the application, no C-body. I knew the big block A-body needed idler arm clearance and that the hot ticket for a stock pan was a C-body pan so I called Milodon to confirm and they said it clears an A-body idler arm so it should clear the C-body.

WRONG. No right turn Clyde.

We had to box a window about 4" long and 3" deep into the sump so the idler had somewhere to go when you turned right.

Kevin

There ya go, should work, if that's what you want.

BTW Horvaths, how is the engine build going for your 66? Is it on the road yet?
It took forever to find a machine shop to build the engine. The one guy I had found told us a month before we could get in, and I'm pretty sure he died. I'm in no rush to get Rush back on the road and want it done right.
I'm going to have my stroker built by Diamondback Racing Engines. It is going to be a bit more radical than originally spec'd and I will be giving my 440 Source stroker kit and compliments to my dad. I'll keep the forum posted on my build thread. Sorry for hijacking this one. :rolleyes:

avoid alum...got a alum for tranny pan in my 91 gm and bloody thing weeps...second alum product that weeped ...steel everything from here on out...cheaper to

Back