For Sale Save This 73 Imperial - Demo Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I thought most derbies banned chrysler imperials. I know the one derby i got rules for years ago said no pickup trucks, vans, compact cars, and no chrysler imperials. Chrysler imperial was underlined 3 times in the rules. I think they were being very specific. I had an LTD wagon with a 429/460 we used. Sold engine and trans when done with it.

I thought most derbies banned chrysler imperials. I know the one derby i got rules for years ago said no pickup trucks, vans, compact cars, and no chrysler imperials. Chrysler imperial was underlined 3 times in the rules. I think they were being very specific. I had an LTD wagon with a 429/460 we used. Sold engine and trans when done with it.

Certain areas will still let you run them. There is a big show every year in Illinois that I believe lets you run them.

Not letting you use Imperials in a Demo Derby is a Bit of a backhanded Complement for Chrysler.

The photos in the listing appear to be from the original seller in California before selling it to the guy in St Cloud now posting the ad. This same derby guy usually lists these Imperials or tries to sell them by word of mouth before he parts them out and then tries to sell the rolling shells to derby guys. He is one of the good derby guys. You may recall a guy I know bought this car from the same derby guy in California, and got a really good price on a spectacular car. It ended up in Germany. It was an original 60K mile car as I recall and it drove like it when I took it for a spin.

13653257_1089353961159538_2087855785395497163_o-jpg.88601

I love 2d Ht C-bodies. But im getting warm with 4d Imperials as family cruisers. 72-73 4d Imperial would be rly nice to cruise with whole family.
Ofc "Dad" 2d HT would something totally differend, more like oversized muscle car. :)

NHRA & NASCAR effectively banned the 426 Hemi due it being an unfair advange. Fitting tje mighty Imperial is also banned. I believe the Figure-8 races up here banned all full sized Chryslers.

This 73 Imperial for $2000 was for sale was here in Phoenix. I went and looked at it. It was rough! No one here would have wanted to put out the time or effort to get it on the road again. Interior was absolutely toasted. The 727 trans was burned up and everything with a rubber seal was leaking. Only thing it had going for it was the forged crank 440. The seller was asking $700 I believe. Too much $$$ for an organ donor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back