WANTED Seats and brackets needed - 68 Fury 'vert

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamH

Reaction score
Contact seller
not only are the seats trashed in my newly acquired car but the brackets themselves are toast. MAYBE the fronts could be salvaged but the rear seat metal is gone. I don't necessarily care about originality but need to know what my options are. Any help greatly appreciated

Front seat tracks are the same for all '65-'68 cars.

The rear seat is convertible specific- narrower to accommodate the top mechanism. But again, any '65-'68 vert should be the same dimensions.

If you can post pics of what you have, we can help figure things out.

Hope the input helps.

John

Front seat tracks are the same for all '65-'68 cars.

The rear seat is convertible specific- narrower to accommodate the top mechanism. But again, any '65-'68 vert should be the same dimensions.

If you can post pics of what you have, we can help figure things out.

Hope the input helps.

John

Helps a lot. so when you say 65-68 are you speaking of Plymouth C bodies only or any C-body?

Sorry for the novice questions but I just came over from the AMC side. I feel I know AMC Jeeps to classify myself as an almost expert LOL but learning about these old MOPARS is new for me.

Helps a lot. so when you say 65-68 are you speaking of Plymouth C bodies only or any C-body?

Sorry for the novice questions but I just came over from the AMC side. I feel I know AMC Jeeps to classify myself as an almost expert LOL but learning about these old MOPARS is new for me.

Any '65-'68 C-body will be the same. Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth,

Maybe even Imperial-but I'm guessing here.

Seat frames and tracks should be the same across all lines.

These cars came with a few different seat configurations.

Fixed bench, split bench, fixed bench w/ flip forward backs, buckets w/center console, etc. And power was an option for all of them.

If you don't have them already, there are a few reference items you should invest in:

Factory service manual

Factory parts manual

Color wiring diagram from Classicccarwiring.com

IMHO, thes items are essential for working on your car. All are available through Google.

Hope the input helps.

John

I have the FSM and Parts Manual - ordered those the day after I bought the car. It's a Sport Fury Convertible with factory 318 and 3 speed auto console shift. Plans are to pull those on down the road. so I have the front buckets. As simple as the frames look I may just fabricate my own and get some nice aftermarket seats. I'm not going for a restoration - more of a resto-mod look. I am mainly scratching my head on the rear seat.

I appreciate all the info.

not only are the seats trashed in my newly acquired car but the brackets themselves are toast. MAYBE the fronts could be salvaged but the rear seat metal is gone. I don't necessarily care about originality but need to know what my options are. Any help greatly appreciated
I HAVE 67 FURY CONVERTIBLE REAR SEATS.WILL CHECK CONDITION AND LET YOU KNOW

I have the FSM and Parts Manual - ordered those the day after I bought the car. It's a Sport Fury Convertible with factory 318 and 3 speed auto console shift. Plans are to pull those on down the road. so I have the front buckets. As simple as the frames look I may just fabricate my own and get some nice aftermarket seats. I'm not going for a restoration - more of a resto-mod look. I am mainly scratching my head on the rear seat.

I appreciate all the info.
DID THE RESTRO MOD ON MY 67 VERT.USED 2000 DURANGO SEATS FRONT AND REAR.

Thanks for checking - would also like to see pics of your Durango seat install. thanks!

@bubba how did that work out ? did you have to do a lot of hacking?

i was looking at caddy seats from the junkyard myself . .. can you tell us about how you did your seat install with the durango seats?

thanks!

- saylor

wow well i figured someone in the forum mentioning caddy seats would have got the pitchforks out . .

so, seriously. im looking at $800 bucks to restore 2 old *** bench seats, not even to original material. that adds another $600 if i go there.. ..

i can go to pick n pull and get a caddy leather bench seat for like $40 bucks. even if i had to buy a seat rail seat track adapter thing, im still hundreds of dollars cheaper. once i add in door panels, headliner, carpet, im in to the $ thousands if i restore what i have...

i read about the dif. between seat belts - i.e. frame mounted or seat mounted seat belts, the safety, etc. in 1968 lap belts were it, with optional shoulder belt, so im not totally worried - the existing seatbelt will just cut me in half, so safety is not the highest priority here.

has anyone gone here - swapped out all the seats? how did it go? would you do it again? or would you spend the $800 and jut put the original seats back? am i asking for headache trying to retro fit some seats in here?

i told my wife F it i was gonna milk crate it.. and she had a total fit. when she was a kid, a friend rolled a car that she was passenger in - sitting on a milk crate seat in the car when it happened.... awesome. didnt know that...

- saylor

I can't recover what I have even if I wanted to - that's how bad the frame is on my rear seat. Really hope I either come across one or bubba responds with his experience

DID THE RESTRO MOD ON MY 67 VERT.USED 2000 DURANGO SEATS FRONT AND REAR.
YES I ALSO DID A FULL LENGTH CONSOL.SORRY FORGOT TO CHECK ON THE SEATS. WILL DO THAT THIS WEEKEND.

PICT0052.JPG

FOUnd THE SEATS.I HAVE TO DO A LOT OF DIGGING TO GET TO THEM.THE PRICE IS $175 FOR BOTH PIECES.THE SPEAKER IS PUSHED BACK.THE FRAMES ARE GOOD.BUT WILL NEED RECOVERED.SHIPPING TO YOU WILL NOT BE CHEEP.JUST SHIPPED A PART THAT SIZE TO PA AND SHIPPING WAS $172.IF YOU ARE SERIOUS I WILL DIG THEN OUT AND SEND PICTURES.

SEATS NOT AS NICE AS I REMEMBER.BEEN IN STORAGE FOR 12 YEARS .LOWER IS RUSTY UPPER IS OK.I WILL TAKE $50 +SHIPPING

DSCN0531.JPG

DSCN0532.JPG

DSCN0533.JPG

DSCN0534.JPG

DSCN0535.JPG

DSCN0536.JPG

DSCN0537.JPG

DSCN0539.JPG

DSCN0540.JPG

DSCN0541.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.