WANTED Seats and brackets needed - 68 Fury 'vert

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey thanks for those pics bubba maybe that's just what AdamH needs.

can you tell us about the Durango seat swap you did? did they bolt right in? did you have to hack it up to fit?

do you have more pics of the full console you put in there?

thanks man!

- saylor

hey thanks for those pics bubba maybe that's just what AdamH needs.

can you tell us about the Durango seat swap you did? did they bolt right in? did you have to hack it up to fit?

do you have more pics of the full console you put in there?

thanks man!

- saylor
HAD TO CUT AND WELD THE BRACKETS ON THE FRONT AND REAR SEATS.I USED 2000 DURANGO SEATS.ONE PROBLEM WITH THE FRONT SEAT IS THE DO NOT FLIP FORWARD.NOT A PROBLEM ON CONVERTIBLE.I USED BLUE FOAM INSULATION BOARD FOR PATTERN ON CONSOL.THEN TRIMED TO FIT AND MADE IT OUT OF WOOD AND FIBERGLASS RESIN.I WILL CHECK IF I HAVE ANY CONSOL PICTURES.CAR IS IN STORAGE FOR WINTER HERE IN OHIO.

Any '65-'68 C-body will be the same. Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth,

Maybe even Imperial-but I'm guessing here.

Seat frames and tracks should be the same across all lines.

These cars came with a few different seat configurations.

Fixed bench, split bench, fixed bench w/ flip forward backs, buckets w/center console, etc. And power was an option for all of them.

If you don't have them already, there are a few reference items you should invest in:

Factory service manual

Factory parts manual

Color wiring diagram from Classicccarwiring.com

IMHO, thes items are essential for working on your car. All are available through Google.

Hope the input helps.

John

I can only echo this good advice - especially the color-coded wiring diagram from Classicwiring.com. Make sure you go for the larger size diagram they offer. And Welcome!

Thanks for the pics but my rear seat is roughly the same shape so I'll pass.

You might take your seats to an upholstery shop and ask them if the seat(s) can be repaired. They have probably sucessfully repaired seats that are worse than yours.

still on the hunt for a rear seat for a convertible. Clair.davis shoot me a PM if you are still interested in selling.

Glad to help out! And really glad to have that seat out of my garage!

BTW, folks, AdamH is a straight-up good guy to deal with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back