For Sale Seems to be a real TNT car !! 70 300 convert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauterd

Reaction score
Contact seller
what do you guys think? a 20K car?

Chrysler 300 Convertible - 1970 - 40,690 original miles

00G0G_8eeqiYDrgQE_600x450.jpg
00g0g_233jHZf52Kw_600x450.jpg
00H0H_9Zoujz97sMX_600x450.jpg
00I0I_139ofwEDBVb_600x450.jpg
00i0i_aUwmaDQNVr8_600x450.jpg
00j0j_5tjmp1DsYmr_600x450.jpg
00N0N_5oSTMKg5BNs_600x450.jpg
01515_5tIvH4ANo7x_600x450.jpg
01515_e4VitQhJhyw_600x450.jpg
00707_hstJJBhl0kK_600x450.jpg

its got the right look for TNT ... I recognize the "patina" of an older, unmolested E86 mill. I bet it is a real TNT car.

just wonder why some of these sellers aren't clearer about the distinction (not necessary performance) between the T/U and E85/E86 and what it means to buyers who care about that?

that's a rhetorical question .. no answer needed :)

its got the right look for TNT ... I recognize the "patina" of an older, unmolested E86 mill. I bet it is a real TNT car.

just wonder why some of these sellers aren't clearer about the distinction (not necessary performance) between the T/U and E85/E86 and what it means to buyers who care about that?

that's a rhetorical question .. no answer needed :)
that's a good question. I seem to be kind of drawn to the TNT option since it would I assume be pretty rare option, and essentially the same as a 440 Mag or Super Comm. only in a C body. I realize it's only 25 HP, but to me it's pretty neat. I'll have to add this one to my FB site I set up. Would be cool to have production figures on that, but I know that's beyond the realm of possibility. I also love the dual snorkel and the plate design and the orange color...oh, I'll stop now (not obsessed with TNT cars at all here....)

It's missing quite rare trim on the driver's side.

prob the most highly optioned one i have seen......only thing I do not see is cruise control. if she's relatively rust free IMO the car wouldn't be overpriced much.

That being said, we all want these to get more respect but if they did it would price many of us out of the market.

that's a good question. I seem to be kind of drawn to the TNT option since it would I assume be pretty rare option, and essentially the same as a 440 Mag or Super Comm. only in a C body. I realize it's only 25 HP, but to me it's pretty neat. I'll have to add this one to my FB site I set up. Would be cool to have production figures on that, but I know that's beyond the realm of possibility. I also love the dual snorkel and the plate design and the orange color...oh, I'll stop now (not obsessed with TNT cars at all here....)

there was (i cant recall where I saw it -- but it wasn't here) a thread where somebody offered up evidence about E86 penetration in C bodies '69-'73 BUT it included police cars and taxis (K, L, M, H, S(?) and T second-letter VIN position for price class) along with the civi cars.

i am loathe to quote what it was without being able to produce the source -- and because i just don't quite remember.

long story short -- i dont think we can easily find out TNT penetration in C's, let alone civi cars, vs police, vs, taxi.

Options aside, Cream and Green, that's got to be the worst color combo.

Hmmmm.....I have the road wheels and white interior, just need a color change to B7......would be perrrrfect....

Options aside, Cream and Green, that's got to be the worst color combo.

Hmmmm.....I have the road wheels and white interior, just need a color change to B7......would be perrrrfect....
It's not the worst but it's close. It'd be nice with a tan interior.

i can only see driver side but car still has that heat-riser "thing" that normally rots away .. so i cant see that "humpback" HP manifold. shape.

im still betting its a real TNT car. hope someone gets seller to confirm and/or post fender tags to help him help others understand what hes got there.

A Little bit too worn in General for an original 40k mileage IMHO, Needs records to confirm. Without proof I'll add 100k generally.

i can only see driver side but car still has that heat-riser "thing" that normally rots away .. so i cant see that "humpback" HP manifold. shape.

im still betting its a real TNT car. hope someone gets seller to confirm and/or post fender tags to help him help others understand what hes got there.
he's supposed to call me sometime today, not that I'm in the market for it (unless i won the lottery) I'll see what i can find out.

As well optioned as this car is I wouldn't question the T&T power. Colors are a "love it-hate it". I like the yellow but a white top/interior would be much more attractive.

I don't get to concerned about the 350/375 HP thing. More of a status level to me. It looks to me that there is a close to equal balance of engines in the 300's.

As well optioned as this car is I wouldn't question the T&T power. Colors are a "love it-hate it". I like the yellow but a white top/interior would be much more attractive.

I don't get to concerned about the 350/375 HP thing. More of a status level to me. It looks to me that there is a close to equal balance of engines in the 300's.
yeah, I'm trying to document as many as I can (TNT cars of any model) so far, it seems the 70 300 had it quite a bit as an option....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back