Significant Fuselage C-Bodies at Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle

Here are the other cars in case you aren't a Fusie elitist :D:
1966 Chrysler Town and Country Wagon:
635887431982305024_5032.jpg

1967 Plymouth Fury III:
635988320970889376_5560.jpg

1968 Plymouth Fury III:
635888908298761132_5036.jpg

I'm looking forward to the fuselage cars. Dad had quite a few of these as company cars. In '69 he had 8 different cars. All c-bodies except a barracuda. I guess c-body sales started off slow so the execs. were told to pick a car out of the "sales bank"every couple months. I didn't have a license yet but i do remember driving this sweet, loaded 2dr 70 Sport Fury. The 69 thru 71 are my favorite fusies.

I'll be signing autographs and taking pictures with my one of none 78 NYB with a blue leather wrapped steering wheel on the C-Body line....LOL! :poke:

Still, it has that one of none leather steering wheel:thumbsup:

My NYB has a few rare options. Load leveling suspension, front passenger power seat, factory am/fm/cb. The factory radio is no longer in the car. It has a modern 350,000 different light am/fm/cd, MP3 that Stan loves. The factory steering wheel had several major cracks that separated with 1/2" wide cracks. It took a chunk of my hand about 6 years ago. I think it was Mr. C that found a 77 Charger Daytona in Pennsylvania that a tree fell on and crushed the right side A-pillar. The guy let me have the steering wheel for $50. A little machining of the hub on a lathe and it fits very nice on my T&T steering column. Chrysler should of done this on all Formal's.

Sneak peak of the one of none....

You can still see the factory cb radio was still in the car when I did the steering wheel.

DSC01967.JPG

I wanna see pictures of the Six pack fury.

And i am Surprised to find out Polara Dave has a Actually last name...
Il stick with "Polara Dave"

Dave Wheeler and his whole family are the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. He has had the Sport Fury for over 30 years, collecting parts for the resto.

If any of you guys stop to look at the car at Carlisle I would not hesitate to talk to him. You'll be glad you did.

Dave

image.jpeg
Cool Dave, can't wait to see all the cars there, and meet some new folks. Here is a shot of "Linda" on our first date!

Back