So the phone rings at 11:15 PM

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Well that's usually not a good thing. I have 2 aged parents not in the best health & that's the first thing that came to mind. It turns out to be the guy I bought that Belvedere from last week. I asked what's up. He apologizes for the late call & tells me he is at Duke Hospital. I ask why & he said he was not feeling good & got short of breath. It was very hot & humid Saturday & he was getting the rest of the spare parts out for me that I bought with the car & thinks he got too hot & dehydrated. It was low 90's with 95 % humidity & no breeze. I was outside working on a car too & had to come in 3 times for a long break. He said Sunday he still felt bad so today he called his doctor & he had him admitted to the hospital for test. So far all is good, but they are keeping him over night & will check for blockage tomorrow. On another note last week one of my customers dropped dead of a brain anuriusim. Nothing anyone could do for him by the time they realized he was in trouble. So folks take care of yourself. I myself have been feeling a bit lathargic lately from a long hot summer & being out in it so much. As we get older we just can't go like we did in our 20's & 30's.

My mom and dad drink about a glass of water a day and think that that's alright....

I know time has such a bad way of catching up with you. Last week I has to go and lay to rest one of the guys I went to grade school with, he was number five from the class. Gone way to soon.

I completely understand the aging folks and late night phone calls. But i was glad to be able to help them. They've both passed recently at 90 and 93 yrs. old but i still expect that late night phone call for help.
The jobsite i'm on right now is over 90 deg. Lots of water and gator aide gets me thru the hot spells. I have been so dehydrated i had leg cramps buy the time i hit the hotel at night..

I just lost a old friend last week from a Heart Attack at 57, didn't even get a second chance. Crushed a lot of my friend's emotions too! Still tears me up!

Out of my class of 162 graduates from HS, over 30 are dead. Three are in prison for a long, long time. Only ten or so are left that I remotely give a **** about. But yeah, when I read the hometown obits and read about someone's parent passing, or a schoolmate, I really get bummed out. Age, like rust, never sleeps.

I bookmarked this thread for when I need a pick-me-up.

Well good news. He's back home. Didn't find anything wrong. He's gained a little weight in recent months so I asked was there any chance he's pregnant. He said he's pretty sure they checked that too. So I guess chalk another one up to dehydration. It can sneak up on you.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
So I called this afternoon to see how he was doing. He said he was good & wanted me to come over & get some more of the parts for the Belvedere. He had brand new front & rear windshield weatherstrips. New truck seal & a new set of cat wiskers. He also has this 68 Charger R/T original 440 auto. Currently has a date code correct 440 in it. Car has been sitting 20 years. Clear title. So yes I made an offer on it. He said no so the negotiations began. It might take a while. Took 3 years on the Bel

Back