For Sale Something different,big Dodge iron

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
and not seen much at all a 2 1/2 ton 1948 Dodge truck.

1947 Dodge 2 1/2 Ton Truck One Family Owned
1947 Dodge 2 ½ Ton flatbed truck. One family owned since new. Sold new here in Merced it spent almost 50 years as a ranch truck on a small tomato farm. In 1997 it was inherited by the original owners nephew and has only been used in parades and club meets since then. 55000 original miles, it's completely stock and all original. Always has been stored inside so there is no rust other than the patina you see. The flatbed was all new less than ten years ago and is like new. Lots of cool antique stuff like the swing arm turn signal and the stop light on the back. All new brakes and wheel cylinders, the master needs to be rebuilt. Will run and drive, needs a new 6 volt battery. Clear California title, on a Non Op so no back fees. This is truly a piece of American history. Perfect for your business. Entertaining offers.

00000_kAp1rbTRFN2_1200x900.jpg
00S0S_kWdxKsiYSwS_1200x900.jpg
00v0v_7Nltm9Gn5nE_1200x900.jpg
00h0h_gwWEjGrOqH4_1200x900.jpg

How much do you think it's worth?

How much do you think it's worth?
$1500
That's all I would give for a cab and clip to put on a modern diesel chassis.

That truck is too original to take apart, but in all reality the driveline is too outdated for anything but parade float duty

The wheelbase looks to be about the same as a Ram MegaCab dually chassis.
And it would have A.C.

Crap on the idea of a modern driveline. That would be a damn shame. My truck is a '73 400/auto/4:10 and I have driven it 75 miles at a time (my house to Toledo) a few times. But 99 percent of my usage is under 45, so I could use this truck as a truck. Trips to Home Depot, gravel yard, etc.

One guilty pleasure I always wanted to have.
Own an old truck of about that size, start a coal merchant delivery Service and go bankrupt within 6 months.

Last edited:
One guilty pleasure I always wanted to have.
Own an old truck of about that size start a coal merchant delivery Service and go bankrupt within 6 months.

That is hilarious. Funny to see somebody has a similar sense of humor.

If I won a huge lottery, like one of those guys who hits for $100 million... I'd peel off a measly $2m and make a Superbowl commercial to sell a formal for $2500. Yes it would be a money loser, but you'd get talked about for decades.

I wonder if she'd make it from San Fran to Austin, TX then to CT with a 67 Monaco on her back.

I'd love to take it out on one of my freeways out here at the probable top speed of 45 mph if lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back