The Chevy Owner's Dummy Guide to C-bodies.

crappy cookie cutter content.

but this is a gorgeous car pic right here...and it appears there are some recall kelsey-hayes wheels pokin out from under the fenders...

1969-Chrysler-300-Hardtop.jpg

Yeah, the egregious errors were, to my limited knowledge, were the B body pictures .. that's borders on inexcusable for a "Mopar" site :(

one thing though, it did lead me to this pic... like MarPar's post above, another set of wheels that didn't make the cut?

66-78-11.jpg

66-78-12.jpg

Last edited:
Dear Mopar Enthusiast Publication,

Let my C Bodies go.

Gavin John Sheehan

I would describe him in one word.

But that wouldn't be PC anymore.

Brad will never get a gig writing for Curbside Classics, thats for sure.
Gawd forbid that they should talk to the experts.

Yeah, the egregious errors were, to my limited knowledge, were the B body pictures .. that's borders on inexcusable for a "Mopar" site :(

one thing though, it did lead me to this pic... like MarPar's post above, another set of wheels that didn't make the cut?

View attachment 89948
View attachment 89949

I'm not sure what you're getting at. You DO know that the recall wheels were available on C bodies in 69, right? Like most cars so equipped, many were taken back to dealers to have them replaced. Look for code W23 on your data plaque...

The article also incorrectly has a D body (full frame) 65 Imperial in it...

I'm not sure what you're getting at. You DO know that the recall wheels were available on C bodies in 69, right? Like most cars so equipped, many were taken back to dealers to have them replaced. Look for code W23 on your data plaque...

actually i DO NOT know of "recall wheels" before today.

Last edited:

Just to clarify...are you calling the fender tag a data plaque?

Are you saying cars with recall wheels have W23 coded on the fender tag?

Does this include cars from all three C body plants?

Hey fellas, I wrote that article. Thanks for the constructive criticism. Could someone point out the B-body (or bodies) in question?

Hey fellas, I wrote that article. Thanks for the constructive criticism. Could someone point out the B-body (or bodies) in question?

Chrysler did what some thought was a confusing thing in this downsizing era .. they extended the C body "Monaco" and "Fury" names to the midsize "B" platform. At the same time, the C bodies got the names "Royal Monaco" and "Gran Fury".

A common mistake for the average citizen to just go by the badging. Enthusiasts sites, through their publishing/editing/"tribal knowledge" processes, however do not get this platform info wrong. That was the basis for my comment directed at the "site".

These are the B bodies in the piece:

66-76.jpg
66-76-1.jpg

It looks like the 1965 "D" body Imperial photo was taken down. That is also a common mistake and many "expert" sources often mix this up though. The C (unibody) and D (body on frame) platforms were running together in 1965 and both were "full size" vehicles.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Stick around and learn a few things about are beloved C and D and other full sized Mopars. We are a tough crowd when it comes to these cars, we're even tough on each other when it comes to the facts.

Welcome to the site, don't feel bad about the B-body slip I had to research it after Stan mentioned it. It's the name usage that will get you.

Brad, in addition, our members have some of the finest examples of C-bodies in the world.
2016 Carlisle Car Photo's
A rewrite of your article using member's actual rolling stock, rather than Wiki type search engine images would make it more informative.

Sorry that you're being blasted so hard but your readers would have had much better information had you researched the web for the experts (us :D) rather than the misinformation that is posted out there.

Last edited:
Actually you chart is still off Stan, I think all Imps to 73 are considered D bodies with up to 68 being the biggest separation in parts. Also I think the Gran Fury nameplate picked up when the VIP name went away.

Actually you chart is still off Stan, I think all Imps to 73 are considered D bodies with up to 68 being the biggest separation in parts. Also I think the Gran Fury nameplate picked up when the VIP name went away.
Dave, Dave, Dave...
free-ashamed-smileys-721.gif

The spreadsheet was checked by a lot of members and it was resolved the info for the Imps and the Gran Fury is correct and therefor now etched for all eternity in concrete... :p

Back