For Sale the old (green) girl is indeed a TNT (69 300 convert.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauterd

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi all,
I think you remember this one. It is confirmed as a real TNT, but as you've all said, "restored" is up to the individual on how complete. I like it, but not so sure of the green, not that I hate it by any means. Any predictions on top bid? As you all also said, don't think he will get his 24K....Or will he ???

thanks..
Dale

Chrysler: 300 Series

aaa.jpg
aaa2.jpg

Hi all,
I think you remember this one. It is confirmed as a real TNT, but as you've all said, "restored" is up to the individual on how complete. I like it, but not so sure of the green, not that I hate it by any means. Any predictions on top bid? As you all also said, don't think he will get his 24K....Or will he ???

thanks..
Dale

Chrysler: 300 Series

View attachment 82113 View attachment 82114
just noticed (again) that looks like they failed to put the 300 "callout" on the rear quarters (unless I"m missing them) that's a bit downer for me. Unless this was a late '69, and it was a "transition" car???

just noticed (again) that looks like they failed to put the 300 "callout" on the rear quarters (unless I"m missing them) that's a bit downer for me. Unless this was a late '69, and it was a "transition" car???

It is an early build - Sept 23 - note the lack of headrests. It is also missing the Chrysler script on the trunk lid. I suspect all the holes were filled in on the repaint.

thanks, so much for "restored" I guess, too bad he took shortcuts....

I disagree.... Those aren't shortcuts.

The trim holes were welded up when I had my car painted too.... It's a cleaner look.

thanks, so much for "restored" I guess, too bad he took shortcuts....
Neither of my Fury's have the model callout on the deck lid. It takes effort to effectively plug the holes and make it look like they never existed. I believe that the designers of the car didn't want them there either, but marketing disagreed. It does give the car a cleaner look and draws attention to its lines. Also, the best term for that convertible is a "resto-mod".

I loved the F8 green on my Barracuda, but as hard as I try, I don't like it as much on this car.

So power vent windows, power seats (both), power deck lid release, and power door locks but no power windows???

I disagree.... Those aren't shortcuts.

The trim holes were welded up when I had my car painted too.... It's a cleaner look.
well, just my opinion, but I'll have to say one of the things that first struck me about the 69 300 were those cool call out letters on the quarters. Oh well, to each his/her own.

well, just my opinion, but I'll have to say one of the things that first struck me about the 69 300 were those cool call out letters on the quarters. Oh well, to each his/her own.

If you are going to try and sell your car for $7k more than a more desirable, better appearing car in the same town...

1969 Chrysler 300

It's a good idea to keep your "improvements" to yourself, take a loss or plan to be buried in it.

Side post battery (no hold down), rusty dash, no interior pics, no underbody pics, questionable paint/body, missing wheel centers, no mention of major systems (assume they don't work), northern state renown for salt and pot holes.

This car wouldn't even be on my radar.

If you are going to try and sell your car for $7k more than a more desirable, better appearing car in the same town...

1969 Chrysler 300

It's a good idea to keep your "improvements" to yourself, take a loss or plan to be buried in it.
excellent point, Carmine. Yes, i agree, he needed to do a lot more before selling his whether the holes filled or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back