The show to go to for the Mopar Fuselage C-Body owner

My friend in Germany has a few European go-fast cars, but does most of his high-speed cruising in a 1996 Chevy Impala SS. He says it's the best way to cruise at 200 kph for long distances, all things considered.

I will attend this meeting in 2024 with my 1973 NYB (originaly from Montana / Idaho).

For me, these cars are definitely status symbols in the German-speaking countries. But i agree that BMW, Porsche and Mercedes are viewed more as status symbols. Younger people tend to think of V8 drivers as “dinosaurs”.

I drive a full-size V8 because it allows me to have a piece of the freedom that the USA stood for (stands for?) myself. Hearing the V8 bubbling without the B pillar and seeing people always looking at the battleship puts me in a good mood. The cars are an eye-catcher in Germany because of their enormous size compared to our cars made in the 60-70s and I love that. Just google an Fiat 500 or Ford Fiesta MK1 or VW Polo...

I am against bans and drive this car to express my rejection of “woke” politics.

@Just Carbs: Till the Corvette C8 no US-made car could catch a Porsche on an winding road or at top speed. But at the displacement, torque, 1/4 mile speed... no EU car can compare with the Muscle Cars.

Last edited:
Just a reminder... it is the end of March and we do have close to 70 pre-registrations and the wine tasting on Saturday is already fully booked. Pensions in Erden have very few rooms left, so make sure to make your reservation and pre-register through our website

www.bbtr.de

My friend in Germany has a few European go-fast cars, but does most of his high-speed cruising in a 1996 Chevy Impala SS. He says it's the best way to cruise at 200 kph for long distances, all things considered.
I like the idea. But better yet is a 1996 Cadillac FWB with the V4P towing package.

Last edited:
Back to BBTR. I keep hoping to make it but work generally interferes, again this year too. I’ll enjoy it vicariously through the wonderful pictures

I like the idea. But better yet is a 1996 Cadillac FWB with the V4P towing package.

He says the Impala cost a lot less to own and repair than his much faster European cars. He said the repair, parts and maintenance bills on his other cars are horrendous and putting miles on the cars kills the value of the cars.
When I go to visit him, we drive his big Mercedes diesel most of the time because that's my preference. Personally, I think that's the one for sustained high speed cruising. But he said it also cost about twice as much over time as the Impala SS.
I bought a 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood with 125k miles on it in 2014, but it was getting a little long in the tooth. Sold it in 2017.

Back