For Sale true story? S-27 concept Fury owned by Fury designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauterd

Reaction score
Contact seller
https://www.facebook.com/roy.rotevatn?fref=nf

Roy Martin Rotevatn

3 hrs
This was owned by Chrysler’s A, B, and C body designer. He designed the 70 Fury’s. This is what he wanted Chrysler to build and that was a S/27 trim package for the convertibles like the GT’s and S/23 pkg. for the hardtops. They said no.

He had 3M make this reflective tape stripe that says S/27 on the fenders. It is a one of a kind. He just passed away and his nephew is selling this car. It is super clean and needs nothing. All original. Real nice paint and glass. Was a 383 2bl. He added a 4 bl stock 383 Magnum cam, Edelbrock intake and carb. Runs real good. A/C, power steering and power disc brakes.

It is one of 1,100 Fury convertibles ever built. It is B7 blue with white top and white and blue interior. He added a tach. He put 15x7 cop car wheels I sold him years ago. Behind the hubcaps. Have the original wheels also. Cool car with good history. It needs to be shown and put out there what could have been.

$25,500. Livonia, MI.

I have over 50 pics of it.

true.jpg

I saw this on the book of faces earlier. Even if the story isn't true, I want it.

Facebook isn't letting me in.....please post more photos....nice looking car with good colors.

what an ugly tach and exhaust.
Air cleaner etc isn't corrct wither.

The idear of a SFGT Convertible clone has been built in the past.

He certainly could have been a designer but I think he just put together something that could have been like so many of us do.
Obviously the car has been redone I think that's where the liberties had taken place...

Just my opinion which is subject to change without notice

Doug, what is your take based on the fender tag info? Anything special?

That is a real nice looking car,
however if I was a Chrysler designer and was ordering a car that I wanted I would have factory ordered one with a 440, bucket seats, console, power windows & a factory tachometer, and if he was a Chrysler designer and wanted a S23 he should have ordered it that way as well not just stick on a set of strobe stripes and sport fury badging and a special decal...... Sounds too fishy to me for that kind of cash. I also like the part of the story that states this is the car that he wanted Chrysler to build, Hell I wish they built a SPORT FURY GT Vert with a HEMI !!!!! but they didn't ...

yep, sorry, though I had included it.View attachment 72810

Which A, B, E body "designer's" car was it?

We know who the design team was that designed the Plymouth Fury, so who's car was this?

There were hundreds of people working on the design team at Chrysler, Dodge, and Plymouth. Not just one person.

My feeling is the "designer" link to the car, if true, adds little value, maybe 10%.

Also, there is nothing "special" about the car, 70 Fury III convertible. Photos taken in a paint shop, the fender tag has been removed and re-riveted.

If the "designer" ordered this car it would have been an internal Chysler Executive order and the fender tag would reflect that, it doesn't.

Cool car,....but IMHO pay for the car not the "story".

Too many questions with this one. Documentation is everything.

Even with documentation it won't get you anywhere. It's a very nice 383 70 Fury convertible and nothing more. It's not a documented Chrysler concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back