two speed wipers to three speed

josehf34

Reaction score
Hi guys.

The wipers of my 1974 plymouth fury doesnt works so I want to fix them but I think will be a good idea to swap the factory two speed wipers motor for a three speed. I already bought the wipers switch and Autozone has the three speed motor. Is there something more needed to do the swap?

You may need a 3 speed wiper arm vs a 2 speed. They connect the wiper motor to the linkage.

Most cars have differont ones for the 2 and 3 speed but don't know about your year.

I know on the 69 C-Body one of the arms is different (the long one that connects to the crank arm on the motor), and I'm not sure I the dash harness has all the wires (probably does).

Alan

There's one of those on ebay for $25 shipped .. or that's what seller claims it is at least

69 70 71 Chrysler 300 Imperial Newport Fury 3 Speed Wiper Motor Drive Arm Link

Not this arm but the long arm that ties this arm to the wiper pivot.

Alan

Yah. Tell me about it. The guy didn't even know how special it was.
You are talking about the Salon, right?

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
So must I change the wiper linkage of my fury for the three speed one? is there something more, bushings or something needed to install the linkage and wiper motor?

I think the swap worth the extra expenses, I noticed that is easy to find three speed motors and three speed switch than two speed ones and off course is better to have an extra speed motor for this horrible weather

I'm not sure what is needed for a 3 speed.

My conversion was just for the big wiper cam on my 78 NYB. The big wiper cam is a unique problem just on the 78's only. I kept the 78 2 speed / intermittent wiper motor and switch. I modded the wiper cam to the 74-77 style small cam that was used on the 2 speed motors.

Here's a picture of the 78 big wiper cam....

DSC01239.jpg

I converted it to the small cam that you have on your 74 right now...

DSC02239.jpgDSC02240.jpg

DSC01239.jpg

DSC02239.jpg

DSC02240.jpg

I'm not sure what is needed for a 3 speed.

My conversion was just for the big wiper cam on my 78 NYB. The big wiper cam is a unique problem just on the 78's only. I kept the 78 2 speed / intermittent wiper motor and switch. I modded the wiper cam to the 74-77 style small cam that was used on the 2 speed motors.

Here's a picture of the 78 big wiper cam....

View attachment 33271

I converted it to the small cam that you have on your 74 right now...

View attachment 33272View attachment 33273

There's a problem... Both parts that you posted are missing on my wiper linkage :BangHead: is there a web site when i can buy them or should I buy from murray b park?

This weekend I'm going to take some pictures of my wipers linkage, maybe can help as a guide for you guys to help me on this conversion

Back