Were fender mounted turn signals available on 65 Furys?

RCB

Reaction score
I've not seen them on a 65 and was curious. I just noticed a set on pics of a 66 300. So was 66 the first year for them? My 68 Barracuda had them and the 67 Monaco the guy I bought the barracuda from also had them. I know they were somewhat common, just wasn't sure what year they came out.

I have never seen them on 65 Furies, but I had them on my 66 Sport Fury. I am fairly certain they were factory items.

I've not seen them on a 65 and was curious. I just noticed a set on pics of a 66 300. So was 66 the first year for them? My 68 Barracuda had them and the 67 Monaco the guy I bought the barracuda from also had them. I know they were somewhat common, just wasn't sure what year they came out.

I'd need to check to be 100% sure, but weren't they part of the A01 light package?

I have never seen fender mounted turn signals on a 65 Fury. Not sure about the VIP though. I saw a 65 Plymouth VIP once years ago that had a few options that regular furys don't have. Could have possibly had them.

I have never seen fender mounted turn signals on a 65 Fury. Not sure about the VIP though. I saw a 65 Plymouth VIP once years ago that had a few options that regular furys don't have. Could have possibly had them.

I've never seen either on 65s.

Fender mounted turn signals were not available on 1965 Fury models. The Light Package consisted of glove box light, parking brake light and luggage compartment light.

Yeah, I've never seen a 65 VIP either.
But no fender TS on 65 Fury at all.

EDIT - are you 'the' Bill Watson from the Yahoo group???

www.jholst.net website on C300s. 1965 C-D-P car parts book. Fender mounted turn signals were listed for D-P (i.e., Dodge "premium"), which is Dodge Monaco in 1965, plus Chrysler models. No Plymouth listings, although the ones pictured for Dodges look very much like what Furys had later.

CBODY67

They also live on 65 300s.

Not all of them. The odd thing is, my car has all the other components of the Light Group Package except the turn signals.

Front1c-1.jpg

That does seem odd. Are you sure you just didn't forget to put them back on?:poke:

LMAO! Yup. I'm wondering, since it was an early build, if the parts weren't in yet. The car is loaded and has everything from the factory except Fender Mounted Turn Signals, Clock (has one now), Map Light (has one now), Auto Pilot and Sentinel Headlights.

Might be that many of the things we normally see were actually optional, rather than standard equipment, as suspected? Or those referenced items might have been on a "special order, customer delete item" on the original sales order? OR, possibly even more possible, if those items were optional and the ordering dealer's operative forgot to order them on that vehicle.

For scenario #2, clocks usually didn't keep good time or stopped working after a while, there was not a need to read maps at night, and there were already turn signal indicators in the speedometer cluster. Therefore, don't order or delete those items and save some money. Get a fancy Chrysler for less money! Some customers' thought processes didn't always sync with what was popular, for various reasons. Like ordering power steering and not power brakes. Or a guy in AZ that ordered a 3-spd manual trans Buick Wildcat as he was on the road all of the time. You never know.

How early in the MY was this car built? Just curious. If it had been built a few months later, it might have been a Sales Bank car. Some unusual combinations happened with those cars. Nice 300!

CBODY67

Might be that many of the things we normally see were actually optional, rather than standard equipment, as suspected? Or those referenced items might have been on a "special order, customer delete item" on the original sales order? OR, possibly even more possible, if those items were optional and the ordering dealer's operative forgot to order them on that vehicle.

For scenario #2, clocks usually didn't keep good time or stopped working after a while, there was not a need to read maps at night, and there were already turn signal indicators in the speedometer cluster. Therefore, don't order or delete those items and save some money. Get a fancy Chrysler for less money! Some customers' thought processes didn't always sync with what was popular, for various reasons. Like ordering power steering and not power brakes. Or a guy in AZ that ordered a 3-spd manual trans Buick Wildcat as he was on the road all of the time. You never know.

How early in the MY was this car built? Just curious. If it had been built a few months later, it might have been a Sales Bank car. Some unusual combinations happened with those cars. Nice 300!

CBODY67

My car was built 9/24/64 and was a Chrysler Zone (Executive) Car; then sold from Canoga Chrysler in March of '65.

ChryslerHistorical1.jpg

Sometimes, factory reps were put into cars that had some uniqueness to them, be it a particular equipment mix or something else that was different about it. After that use, they would go into the dealer auctions, for Chrysler Corp. dealers only. The Chrysler Corp dealer would then resell those vehicles to customers. This way, cars which might end up being a liability for dealers (as a new car), sitting on their lots rather than being easily sold, could be sold by the manufacturer. This gave it the added status of being a "company car" rather than just a car somebody might have ordered wrong. Kind of like a car which was the dealer's wife's car, or was on display on the showroom floor.

In some cases, if the rep had a really neat car, the dealer could possibly request priority on that car when it came "out of service" and was turned back in. Sometimes, the reps could request particular cars and other times they were "issued" to them.

Thanks for the neat information!
CBODY67

Last edited:
Back