Who has pics of some GC8 - Mood Indigo Metallic painted cars?

Beep Beep Dave

Reaction score
I'd like to see them!

Seem this one on ebay today and got me thinking that I have never seen a car painted that colour before.

Plymouth: Fury Sport Fury

Dave
1971 Sport Fury 11.jpg
1971 Sport Fury.jpg

My father swore his 71 Fury Gran Coupe was In-Violet. It looks darker to me. I've come to the conclusion it was a GC8 Mood Indigo car. He swears it was Purple and not blue, I believe him. Car would be worth a pretty penny if It would have made it...

FB_IMG_1484033970571.jpg

I looked at one that was for sale in Idaho while I was there. The fellow was a member here but probably just passing through. I'm not sure what he got for the car but he had little interest at 5 grand

My father swore his 71 Fury Gran Coupe was In-Violet. It looks darker to me. I've come to the conclusion it was a GC8 Mood Indigo car. He swears it was Purple and not blue, I believe him. Car would be worth a pretty penny if It would have made it...
Wow, I'd hate to see what the other car looked like that did that damage!

I think he was down to about 3800 while I was still in Idaho. I had the cash in my pocket but needed it for the Carlisle show and the rest of the trip. The real reason was I asked myself, what the hell would I do with it and the answer was look at it. I have a couple of those... If it were a Polara there would have been different pulsating feelings going through my veins. Bottom line is, it wasnt a gotta have car.

For those who have seen it, does GC8 look like this Toyota color? Crush blue, I think, is Toyota's name for the color. I saw one when driving yesterday and I immediately thought of mood indigo. Thanks in advance!

1200x-.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
Its probably similar as old colors seem to reappear years later, of course with different names. The "shade" will vary due to different paint technologies- enamel, lacquer, 2 pack, water base will all vary even though they're all the same color.

Back