Window motor question

Patrick

Reaction score
I have my driver's rear window motor out because it seemed pretty weak. It had trouble going up so I intend to lube the mechanism. Still, I looked at the motor to see if the plastic bits were worn but what I found doesn't look like the originals I have seen in other threads. Is this aftermarket or something? The teeth are plastic but the centre is some kind of rubber.

20150329_160455.jpg

20150329_160455.jpg

Agreed, that one is stock. No telling how much life that piece of rubber has left in it. I'd replace it with the nuts or other filling of your choice.

I think the electric motor itself works or it doesn't. Your tired motor is likely due to the rest of the mechanism needing a good cleaning and some fresh grease on all the moving parts.

BTW, AAP had the window motors for a NYB. They have Cardone and something else. I do remember there was a problem with one of them not being the right part number but I eventually got the right one.

AZ for a C-body application lists a new Chinese motor that is actually for later year models.
It does not fit!
The three bolt mounting pattern is different.
Get the Cardone rebuilts.

If they hand you this one, hand it back:

742-300.jpg

It has to look like the OEM one like this:

742-302_8.jpg

Notice that it comes bare. No gear and no cover plate. Even though some pictures will show it with the gear, it will come naked.

In other words, you cannot find out there a new or rebuilt complete motor with gear.

AAP does offer a gear kit by itself. I don't think the pugs come with it. There is a plastic pug kit available from Help/Dorman. I myself would go with the Mr C pog fix.

i used cardone 4244 for the rears from http://www.rockauto.com . the body of the motor is a little smaller than original ,you have to use your own plug and the motor is a little shorter so you have to drill a new hole for the lower bracket. completely functional though. they have the gears also.

i used cardone 4244 for the rears from http://www.rockauto.com . the body of the motor is a little smaller than original ,you have to use your own plug and the motor is a little shorter so you have to drill a new hole for the lower bracket. completely functional though. they have the gears also.
Ok. Dumb question.
Why not just use the correct Cardone rebuilt in the first place.

that's the part number that came up for my application. except for it being about 1/4" shorter,it was a direct fit.

As much as I hate to admit when I'm wrong and others are right, against my religion you know, you guys were right. I pulled the regulator and motor and the tracks, thoroughly cleaned them, and used a non-grease spray on lubricant and now the window goes up and down faster than the others. Of course this means I have to remove and clean all the others, now. You bastards...

Back