‘67 Fury dual exhaust

Bourbon

Reaction score
I searched but couldn’t find any advice/comments on this so here goes:
Any thoughts or experiences on installation of duals on a 318 Fury and keeping a factory stock appearance? Due to the location of the gas tank, I don’t see how you would run the LH tail pipe. I know the big blocks ran duals. Was the tank smaller or mounted differently?
Thanks
Bob

Can't speak about a '67, but here's how mine were mounted on my '70. With the tank removed you get a good shot.

IMG_2258.JPG

If you look at stock duals, the tail pipes are actually offset - one runs inside the frame rail and the other runs outside. Wacky... but true.

TTI runs them under the frame rails so they're centred, but they hang lowere therefore.

If you look at stock duals, the tail pipes are actually offset - one runs inside the frame rail and the other runs outside. Wacky... but true.

TTI runs them under the frame rails so they're centred, but they hang lowere therefore.

Bizarre. I would love to see a pic of anyone out there has one. I can’t figure out how you would run the left tail pipe w/o it looking halfassed.
Thanks, Snotty for the pic!

You see a little bit of the pipe but only of you really want to look for it and depending on the camera angle too..
Can't see it...
cell phone 2 112.jpg

Here you can see the pipe..
BoaB June 2018 005.JPG

Thanks for all the pics. I’ve got a good custom exhaust guy and I now have a point of reference for him to work from!

Back