NOT MINE ‘71 Polara sedan Copart

JD Hall

Reaction score
Really stripped down but a big block and looks very dry. If you don’t mind all the fees!
1971 Dodge Polara 500 in CO - Colorado Springs (DE41L1D132355) for Sale – AutoBidMaster

upload_2021-6-21_8-16-10.jpeg

upload_2021-6-21_8-16-55.jpeg
upload_2021-6-21_8-18-0.jpeg

Thank you for posting about DE41L1D132355 -- baked inside but top seems OK. I'd still want to see pics underneath, given the rust I see in the lower part of the body.

@71Polara383 @amazinblue82 @polara71 @JohnNOLA

Last edited:
I"m 2 hours from the springs. IF someone is serious I could figure a time to go down and take a look. I might be going down there to get my trailer door opener fixed this week.

I"m 2 hours from the springs. IF someone is serious I could figure a time to go down and take a look. I might be going down there to get my trailer door opener fixed this week.
Very nice of you to offer! The auction has 11 hours to go if I see correctly.

That car looks crusty down low. And it’s baked inside. The current bid of $475 is probably more than it’s worth, IMO. There is a reserve too. If the car sells for say $800, that would bring the total to $11-$1200. Too much for a drivetrain donor and some bumpers.

That car looks crusty down low. And it’s baked inside. The current bid of $475 is probably more than it’s worth, IMO. There is a reserve too. If the car sells for say $800, that would bring the total to $11-$1200. Too much for a drivetrain donor and some bumpers.
One bumper only -- the rear looks rough(-ish). This said, you're forgetting the washer bottle, which seems to be in perfect condition (then again, given how cooked the interior is, it might disintegrate upon touch) and might be worth half of the current bid.

I suspect this car will end up as a cop car replica, rather than. parts car.

Too bad not everyone appreciates the undercover look of it. Probably will end up with some yocal-docal cop car treatment. Make a good movie rental car left plain for magnetic options.

If I were dumb enough to dive in, it would likely stay a plain white wrapper with dog dish caps.
Since it's a DE it has the low-line interior which is convenient for such a budget look.
I'm not ready for this and likely past my time for such.

If I were dumb enough to dive in, it would likely stay a plain white wrapper with dog dish caps.
Since it's a DE it has the low-line interior which is convenient for such a budget look.
I'm not ready for this and likely past my time for such.

51 Mack.jpg

$1231 dollars if the strike price doesn't go up, and thats before shipping from CO to me in MS.

Youch

Yeah, if the strike price stays at 475, the fees will bring it to 1200 dollars. CoParts alone collects a $300 auction fee, and call me cheap, but that seems exorbitant.

Based on what others said, and the fact that I've made my mind up on preferring the grill of a 69, I walked.

Yeah, if the strike price stays at 475, the fees will bring it to 1200 dollars. CoParts alone collects a $300 auction fee, and call me cheap, but that seems exorbitant.

Based on what others said, and the fact that I've made my mind up on preferring the grill of a 69, I walked.

Thanks, I have no idea . 500 is max for me on this one, plus the 12 hour ride each way.
IF it were brown of GK6, I may have just said fluck it.

Yeah, I had to register an account just to see the final price after fees.

You know your stuff, so when you say 470 is pushing it, and that's before the goofy fees and hauling the boat all the way down to me in NOLA, yeah, you bet your sweet bippy my interest dropped like a sack of taters.

Yeah, I had to register an account just to see the final price after fees.

You know your stuff, so when you say 470 is pushing it, and that's before the goofy fees and hauling the boat all the way down to me in NOLA, yeah, you bet your sweet bippy my interest dropped like a sack of taters.

Because I said no doesn't mean everyone else should. I myself have had the best of the best Fuselage Polaras. My next 71 Polara is likely to be my last so I better make it count. It'll be what I want , colors, options etc.
First off this car is white, that's a no no for me. The 383-2 rubs me the wrong way, at least it's a big block but the wrong one.
The body has some rust spots which aren't too concerning to me , then there is the dents and the whole interior redo.

You should reconsider ( if you can ) if it's something you think you may like or can work with. Five hundred doesn't buy much these days but I'm not giving it away .

Eh, im not too keen on the grill, although I'm unsure if a front clip swap for a 71 to a 69 is a thing.

The carb would need to be replaced with a 4bbl, the 383 is great, but the dream is a 440, of course.

Whites a fine color to me, but the rust and denting is something I'm unfamiliar with handling. The interior is shot and needs to be redone, so I guess I can go with whatever color I want although white on white might be a bit overbearing in color.

But again, it'll be 1200 before it's even shipped to me, so ballpark 2000-2500 total. Then I get to tackle the actual restoration part of it.

Id rather walk and wait for another steal of a deal like the Triple Pickle that was posted not too long ago.

If you've been looking then you know $2500 won't buy much except a nice "formal".

I didn't say I'm unwilling to spend more than 2500 on a Polara. What I saw was that im not interested in paying that some of money to a predatory company just to get a hulk shipped to my house before I've even laid eyes on it or begun to tear it down and restore it.

Id much rather spend an extra 1500 or an even 5000 for something more in line with what I want.

I didn't say I'm unwilling to spend more than 2500 on a Polara. What I saw was that im not interested in paying that some of money to a predatory company just to get a hulk shipped to my house before I've even laid eyes on it or begun to tear it down and restore it.

Id much rather spend an extra 1500 or an even 5000 for something more in line with what I want.

Gotcha! :thumbsup: I hope you find what makes you happy. The Fuselage Dodge seems very elusive.

Back