“ Treat Yo Self” 2019.....Backseat Driving

73 T&C

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I finally had the pleasure tonight of getting my youngest to drive me as we picked up our pizza order.....before we take her to BU tomorrow.

If you’ve never ridden in the back seat of your NYB..... “treat yo self “ sometime...

39123A88-BC43-4D3A-A041-901E9EFA8DE6.jpeg

Last edited:
Was she allowed to experience a little TQ wail/howl, that is my most fond memory of my parents 77 Gran Fury wagon.
That and the 60 mph 1-2 shift.

Was she allowed to experience a little TQ wail/howl, that is my most fond memory of my parents 77 Gran Fury wagon.
That and the 60 mph 1-2 shift.

Yes. We were getting on the highway with the wagon and I asked her if she wanted to try something cool. I told her to floor it at 35-40. She pressed it down slowly and nothing.... ok I said, you did it wrong. These old cars need to be given hard commands...when I said floor it I mean put the pedal down hard and fast all the way to the floor and don’t worry you won’t break it but slow down first. She did and when she got to 35-40 she tried again.

This time she got the kick down to 1st, the wowaaaaaaah as the secondaries opened up and I told her to hold it until the upshift. Then I told her to slowly throttle down as she got to 75.... and it upshifted again to third gently. Her only reply was.....

OK! ..that’s so COOL!

Last edited:
Knowing the gearing on mid 70s cars I would say the 1-2 shift is easy around 60mph and when he let's out it probably ready for 2-3 about 85-90mph if memory serves, just before the 100 mph speedo runs out.

@70bigblockdodge
You´re right about the 1-2 shift. I leave the 2-3 shift for someone else, because I would need a snow plow to clear the road here, if I drove that fast.:)

Please notice the km speedo:

Last edited:
Javier...Gettin Chauffeur driven by his daughter! Cool!

NYB: All you're missing is roll-up glass between front and rear seat.

Mopars rule, GM drools

Back