For Sale &0 Polara vert, have we seen this

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://www.autotraderclassics.com/classic-car/1970-Dodge-Polara-1642216.xhtml?conversationId=1026822

click to see price

It is a RARE FIND with ALL original parts and paperwork. It is one of only 842 Polara convertibles that were produced in 1970. This was the last appearance made by a full size Dodge convertible with a retraceable soft-top. It has a 318 cylinder, 230 horsepower, and 2BBL, and the engine is a V8. It is red with black interior with only 31,208 millage.

2_P1080307.JPG

Worth every penny to some person out there.

You have to be kidding me...:rofl:

Only if and only if all the other Polara convertibles had been crushed and verified that here where no others in the galaxy would this be worth 1/10th of what the asking price is...

or.....
I got to call Hagerty's to jack the insured value of my Polara through the roof!:laughing4::laughing4::laughing4:

That's it! I'm selling mine for $500,000 FIRM!!!

Any takers???:ufo:
Oh hang on, my ride just arrived...

I'd take it if I hadn't spent the 100 Grand for that garden hose carriage yesterday.

Did you know of this one Dave?

I sent a link to this site to him and invited him to visit and join up. Might be interesting to see what he's thinking.

C'mon, that's a typo, right? MAYBE $20k?

It's dirty, the chrome likely needs doing plus GOK what else.

Some guy's appeasing his wife here, right ?.......................

Not even 20k Kevin.... A low optioned 318 70? Even if solid with low miles maybe 8k... For the guy who has to have it.

I am probably the only one on the planet who would pay 25k for the right one. That car doesn't exist,....

Not even 20k Kevin.... A low optioned 318 70? Even if solid with low miles maybe 8k... For the guy who has to have it.

I am probably the only one on the planet who would pay 25k for the right one. That car doesn't exist,....

I was just guessing and trying to be nice (who knew?).

Dave, this may very well be one you haven't documented yet......it was bought new @ nagle dodge in pottstown, yet another 70 polara rag from PA. it's prob about an 1 hour from you.

from what i've been seeing it is prob a 25-30% survival rate for ragtops.

Looking it over real good, Small block, no air, no power windows, brakes, locks, seats, no buckets, no cornering lights, no superlite, no road wheels, no tilt, no cruise, no towing package, no upgrade on the radio, and it was built between Sept 3rd and Jan 1st.... I wanna go look at it

So you've talked to them? Did you e mail me? Gotta look.....

No, I was able to zoom in on the pic and read the dealership emblem on the trunk lid. That dealership building is now long gone, it used to be on High Street in Pottstown Boro, there is a McDonald's there now IIRC. Either it was bought new there or a second hand car early on.

I first thought this might be the 318 car from vandergrift but that car has buckets, obv not the same car. I also saw an article a while back from a guy who had a 71 hemi challenger that was ordered new from that same dealership, which closed in the 80's, I was told.

Go look at it and take pics, be interesting to see the underside being a PA car.

Zoom in on everything else.... Grille surround has rust...pedals look worn but the dash wood looks new but the screws look rusty. The bumpers look bad...... I may call and drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back