1 of 5 Hurst T-tops 1977 Chsysler Lebaron FS Barn Finds

Everyone knows that hatch roofs are really a terrble thing but many people think they're special. I don't understand it. No offense to those that have one.

Everyone knows that hatch roofs are really a terrble thing but many people think they're special. I don't understand it. No offense to those that have one.

In the words of my Chinese friend, Yu Aw Wong, "T's are great." Leaks from 40-year seals aren't rocket science to fix, and a lot less hassle than a legit 'vert. Not that I don't like/want another convertible, but they have their place. Would have been awesome on a formal coupe.

IMG_20180415_091125.jpg

IMG_4219.jpg

Well, I can understand both sides of the issue. Searching for the right cars at the right times allows me to choose either.
100_0388.JPG
100_0381.JPG

Wow, this is a strange day, seems like for some reason my old jobs are coming out of the woodwork today. Back at the end of 1977 I was working for a Hurst installer in Chicago. Saw two of these being built.

TWO great looking Chrysler products! Probably about as many of either model built. Either way, "not many".

So the Chrysler T-tops were ordered on the order blank, but sent to a local/regional conversion shop for the top's installation? I know that's how the GM T-tops were done, initially. Just curious. OR, the conversion could be contracted at the time of sale, too.

CBODY67

TWO great looking Chrysler products! Probably about as many of either model built. Either way, "not many".

So the Chrysler T-tops were ordered on the order blank, but sent to a local/regional conversion shop for the top's installation? I know that's how the GM T-tops were done, initially. Just curious. OR, the conversion could be contracted at the time of sale, too.

CBODY67

The work was done by an outside company, just like superbirds or 300H's. The have stickers in the doors. I imagine the extent of assembly plant involvement was deleting certain pieces of interior trim.

PS: Sharp-eyed viewers will note this door is not white. Hahahahahaha

IMG_20180418_211353.jpg

No offense taken. When I sold my Monaco and was looking for a replacement, t-tops were a priority. I knew my budget would not allow a convertible, at least what i liked, so the t-tops are the next best thing. LOVE cruising with them off and people are blown away when they see a Cordoba with them as the great majority don't even know they were available on a Cordoba.

No offense taken. When I sold my Monaco and was looking for a replacement, t-tops were a priority. I knew my budget would not allow a convertible, at least what i liked, so the t-tops are the next best thing. LOVE cruising with them off and people are blown away when they see a Cordoba with them as the great majority don't even know they were available on a Cordoba.
And that' s if they know what a Cordoba is

The 2 groups at shows that are the most entertaining.....those who look at/walk up to my car and have to look at the nameplates to see what it is (and still have no clue sometimes), and those who say they used to have one just like it. I say "it had t-tops"?, and they say no,blah,blah. So, basically you DID NOT have one just like it. My buddy and I always laugh our asses off after they leave.
One of the best was last year at a show...made a copy of and laminated the original window sticker and put it out with the car for display. Guy walks up and asks if it is my car, I say yes. He then proceeds to ask if it is for sale and I say no. He thought the window sticker was a for sale sign and said he would pay that right now!! Ahhh, no!!

The 2 groups at shows that are the most entertaining.....those who look at/walk up to my car and have to look at the nameplates to see what it is (and still have no clue sometimes), and those who say they used to have one just like it. I say "it had t-tops"?, and they say no,blah,blah. So, basically you DID NOT have one just like it. My buddy and I always laugh our asses off after they leave.
One of the best was last year at a show...made a copy of and laminated the original window sticker and put it out with the car for display. Guy walks up and asks if it is my car, I say yes. He then proceeds to ask if it is for sale and I say no. He thought the window sticker was a for sale sign and said he would pay that right now!! Ahhh, no!!

I would present my badge and demand 3% under invoice.

Back