10 second, 577hp Dodge Omni GLH

Turboomni

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
This car has been posted by me before but this is a new video that may be of interest since it is a Mopar and a manual, not automatic. Not many aftermarket parts and many factory parts are up to the task.

Years ago at the sdac show when held in Chicagoland there was a blue first gen Daytona or laser that ran 10's, super cool.

James Reeves is a big influence on these 1980's turbo 4 bangers. I own a Omni Glhs and although I was never even close to what he does in performance he is an inspiration to us lowly 1980's 4 banger ,non crossflow head turbo 8 valve ,manual shifted ,front wheel drive ,4 door hatchback ,low life's.
Best I ever did was 12.99 with a 2.0 60 foot but at 113 mph on street radials. Never got around to slicks.
I am getting her out now as I near retirement to try some road racing at the famous Lime Rock race track. I lowered the rear [ all adjustable perch koni's with Eibach springs] and am setting her up and got her aligned today,,raising the boost slowly and adjusting the fuel pressure regulator while watching my wide band O2 sensor and exhaust temp sensor but will be conservative to concentrate on the art of driving rather than the act of hanging on for dear life.. Bla Bla ,,anyways looking forward to having some fun on Paul Newman's home track.

20210628_202105 (1).jpg

Last edited:
James Reeves is a big influence on these 1980's turbo 4 bangers. I own a Omni Glhs and although I was never even close to what he does in performance he is an inspiration to us lowly 1980's 4 banger ,non crossflow head turbo 8 valve ,manual shifted ,front wheel drive ,4 door hatchback ,low life's.
Best I ever did was 12.99 with a 2.0 60 foot but at 113 mph on street radials. Never got around to slicks.
I am getting her out now as I near retirement to try some road racing at the famous Lime Rock race track. I lowered the rear [ all adjustable perch koni's with Eibach springs] and am setting her up and got her aligned today,,raising the boost slowly and adjusting the fuel pressure regulator while watching my wide band O2 sensor and exhaust temp sensor but will be conservative to concentrate on the art of driving rather than the act of hanging on for dear life.. Bla Bla ,,anyways looking forward to having some fun on Paul Newman's home track.

View attachment 470242
Nice road racer!

You may enjoy Willow Springs, if you get out to Kalifornia.

Willow springs would be a dream come true for sure.

Hey Jer! Jer (Bigbarney) has a beautiful Scamp or Rampage that was under Mr Reeves care.

Hey Jer! Jer (Bigbarney) has a beautiful Scamp or Rampage that was under Mr Reeves care.
It's a GT Scamp Sato and thanks. James and I have tipped a few long necks at my Ponderosa in Michigan on a few occasions while swapping L-body parts. Did you know is MOM has an Identical GLH same color and all only hers iz bone stock and show room clean. lol. You going to make Carlisle this Year My Friend? Jer

Can't make it this year..hopefully next year.

Back