15 inch red center wheel cover.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
upload_2019-11-30_22-59-49.jpg

These 15" wheel covers were available for Dodge in 67 and perhaps 68. Same style as the disc brake covers. The red centers are OEM, not repainted. Does anyone remember seeing these before? I'm wondering what they would have been available on.

I've been around Mopars for over 50 years and can't recall ever seeing these. The seller insisted they are OEM. I thought they had to be a rare item, plus they will look great on my red Polara 500, so I bought them. I think I got a deal.

Yup...68-71 Truck wheel covers. Rare to see them not banged up due to the truck application.

613324-970x485.jpg

Those look very close to the 15” in the ‘68 Dealer book. It is black and white, so cannot verify red. The red will look sharp though. ( I don’t have the ‘67 book, but is probably on the Hamtramck site)
086D8E0A-7C2A-46AB-AE85-BA64E3DB0FCE.png

I had a set early on the BoaB's resto. Pics are very early even before she was ripped apart.
But traded them years later for something else when I went with Magnum 500's..

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

I had a set early on the BoaB's resto. Pics are very early even before she was ripped apart.
But traded them years later for something else when I went with Magnum 500's..

View attachment 334139
View attachment 334140

It would look good either way, Lea, I found it interesting that some factory Chrysler brochure pics had the Dodge covers (like you had up above) and others with the Chrysler wheel cover (which was different with a goldish centre). They probably wound up on the streets wearing either.
161435685_1968-68-chrysler-hubcap-rim-wheel-cover-cap-15-disc-.jpg

Those look very close to the 15” in the ‘68 Dealer book. It is black and white, so cannot verify red. The red will look sharp though. ( I don’t have the ‘67 book, but is probably on the Hamtramck site)
View attachment 334135
Beat me to it. Have the black line outside the colored area.

It would look good either way, Lea, I found it interesting that some factory Chrysler brochure pics had the Dodge covers (like you had up above) and others with the Chrysler wheel cover (which was different with a goldish centre). They probably wound up on the streets wearing either.
View attachment 334143

The plastic centers of these wheel covers are removable and can be interchanged between Ply, Dodge and Chrysler.

I got rid of a Disc Brake set and a truck set about a year ago. Couldn't sell either. Ended up dropping them at the local hub cap junky.

Back