SOLD 15x7 5x4-1/2 Chrysler road wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOT440

Reaction score
Contact seller
Chrysler Road Wheel - Wheels (cokertire.com)
I have four of these wheels, I purchased new. They have less than 50 miles on them, and are in as new condition. $160.00 each, and I'll throw in the caps (also as new condition). Buyer pays shipping. Sold as set.
Thanks for looking. PM me if interested.

IMG_20210717_120430.jpg

Last edited:
Chrysler Road Wheel - Wheels (cokertire.com)
I have four of these wheels, I purchased new. They have less than 50 miles on them, and are in as new condition. $160.00 each, and I'll throw in the caps (also as new condition). Buyer pays shipping. Sold as set.
Thanks for looking. PM me if interested.

Any particular reason you don't want to run those?

Perhaps the term "road wheels" can have different meanings for different eras of C-body Chryslers?

Perhaps the term "road wheels" can have different meanings for different eras of C-body Chryslers?

They do. He's not wrong ...
When a C body guy hear's road wheels, he chubs up and thinks W23

Last edited:
I just used the description from Coker tire. I always referred to this style as magnums. Either way, good lookin wheel.

The term "road wheel" usually meant something more than just the normal steel, black, wheels. More generic in nature than many of the terms used in the Mopar arena.

The pictured design was a Motor Wheel Corp wheel termed "Magnum 500" by them, which was adpoted in the Mopar and Ford arena as the description of that design of wheel. It was an aftermarket wheel which the OEMs quickly scooped-up for use on their cars of the later 1960s. A quite nice wheel design. Buick had a similar wheel, which they termed "road wheel", as I recall. Which might have contributed to the use of the term "road wheel" to mean "a spoked, chrome wheel", more generic than not, in some situations?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

And because the mounting plate is not flat these mag500 will fit the concave front of finned drums.

Another example of after market 500 style wheel being described as road wheel. Not that I agree, or dis-agree. One thing I think we may all agree. The Magnum 500 and the Chrysler Road wheels, are a true classic design which are very popular, and highly desirable...and look great on our beloved Mopar classics. Appreciate all your comments, clarification, and useful discussion.

:thumbsup:

1969-1976 Dodge Charger Parts | MW916 | 1969-76 15 X 7 Road Wheel With (classicindustries.com)

Last edited:
Price drop. $500.00 plus shipping US only. Includes magnum center caps. No lug nuts.

Last edited:
While the lug not are not included I do think a pick with them could be useful and really contrast all the chrome vs black

Yes, that's the 1967 Fury brochure page. I believe there's also some road wheel verbiage in the owners manual referencing tire changes. Something about the spare being a standard wheel instead of a road wheel?

As has become common, I think of the later styled steel wheels as road wheels and the older wheels as magnum style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back