WANTED 15x7 trim rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ300

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey all, I just recently purchased a set of 15x7 Chrysler Road Wheels. I am now in need of proper trim rings, (4), prefer brush finish. So what can I use, what has any one else used, what have you got? New, or good used, daily driver. Not looking to spend concourse money...
Thanks
Jim

Are you sure they are 7 inches wide?
Correct me if I am wrong,
All the Road wheels I had and seen were 6 inches wide.
Trim rings for 15x7 wheels in general will not fit the road wheels,IIRC

Yes, 7 inches wide. Off of later 70's early 80's M bodies. Same look, only 7".

P1070381.JPG

The 7" road wheels came with a kind of ugly looking shiny trim ring that had a completely different contour from the ring used on the 6" wheels. You'll probably have to use trial and error to find what looks and fits best. A general automotive swap meet where you can find a big selection of rings from GM, Ford and Chrysler would be ideal. I have a set of the 7 inchers that I picked up at Carlisle a few years ago, but I haven't gotten around to investigating trim rings yet. They came with rings off a set of 6" wheels.

Jeff

Are you sure they are 7 inches wide?
Correct me if I am wrong,
All the Road wheels I had and seen were 6 inches wide.
Trim rings for 15x7 wheels in general will not fit the road wheels,IIRC

Good catch .... yet, they are 7s look at that. Those are not common.

Someone somewhere told me they used the 6" rings, and painted the under part of the rim Argent, so the black wouldn't stand out....guess that's a possibility...

My 15 x 7 wheels have a generic trim ring that the previous owner found at Carlisle. Only a few people, like @polara71 , would notice the difference. These are stainless steel and I would bet that you could make them a "brushed" finish pretty easy with some Scotch Brite, using the jacked up car to spin the wheels.

tcjCTUj.jpg

e9KNoKu.jpg

Dayam..now I want a set of 7" road wheels,LOL!!
I got a full set of 6" complete with centers and ring.

My 15 x 7 wheels have a generic trim ring that the previous owner found at Carlisle. Only a few people, like @polara71 , would notice the difference. These are stainless steel and I would bet that you could make them a "brushed" finish pretty easy with some Scotch Brite, using the jacked up car to spin the wheels.

View attachment 357592
View attachment 357590
The look and stance of your car is why I sought out the 7"... beautiful car!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back