FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
17,000 Miles: 1987 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

061918-1987-Chrysler-Fifth-Avenue-1-630x390.jpg

061918-1987-Chrysler-Fifth-Avenue-2-630x390.jpg

061918-1987-Chrysler-Fifth-Avenue-3-630x390.jpg

061918-1987-Chrysler-Fifth-Avenue-4-630x390.jpg

987 SURVIVOR!

This top dollar Chrysler was an non-smoker older gentleman's "baby." Always garage kept, and rarely used for more than just short trips, which is why it only has 17,000 miles on it. To his credit he also maintained it to the highest standards. Before he went into a retirement home he even replaced the battery and tires (with whitewalls, of course).

When I acquired this car it was evident that even the passenger and back seats had never been used! This triple ruby red baby is loaded: Power; window's, brakes, locks, steering and seat. She also has butter soft flawless red leather tufted interior, super thick plush red carpeting, an AM-FM radio with factory "reverb/boast," a padded red landau roof with "opera light's," and factory wire wheel covers. If all this wasn't enough, she is truly "old school" with a bullet-proof, 318 V8, rear wheel drive, and a torque flight automatic transmission. Everything works, like a 17,000 mile car should. Body is rock solid, with no rust anywhere, even the engine compartment is like new. Included are the original owners manual, and a printed factory/dealer repair manual (rare).

I dare say you will not find another one of these cars that are so "original." When was the last time you even saw a worn out one of these on the road, much less a near-to-new one??

I was going to take care of her minor "blemish's;" the clear coat that needs to be buffed out, the headliner with minimal sagging, and the AC which should be recharged. I just don't have the time necessary to do this, IF I did these things the price will be much higher! Instead I am offering the car at the reduced price shown.

$4,000.00
Please no joy rider's, tire kicker's, trades or offers to help sell the car. Also nobody wanting to relive their "Car Daze."

00-1-2-2-2.jpg
00-1-2-5-0.jpg
00-1-2-2-3.jpg
00-1-2-3.jpg
00-1-2-4.jpg

That's a lot of red! I think I prefer my white '87 with a blue interior and landau top. Need to mine on the road.

It's not that outrageous a red in person. Over enthusiastic image editing. So bad, everyone knows it's phony.

PicsArt_06-21-10.33.28.jpg

Last edited:
The interior looks like old pics of a Nevada Cat house.

The Drivers seat and the Cloth covering the welding spots at the b-pillar on the Drivers side look like more than 17k mls, still possible and without doubt according to the pics a well preserved car.
If I had to live in a car, this one would be on my favorites list, I always liked that atmosphere, as a car it leaves me pretty cold. :D

Last edited:
I had it's twin except mine had red velour instead of leather. Her name was Ruby. Still miss that one.

Back