1957-58 Plymouth build

If you don't have one already. I have some extra brand new victor keychains. I'd be happy to mail you one free of charge. Every christine car needs one on there keys like in the movie. Send me a PM if you want it.
Christine-Christine-Victor-Keychain-1.jpg
:D

Really nice work, are you going to go with the dual quad 350 for a power plant?

Dave

absolutely wonderful metal working skills and an outstanding attention to detail. :thumbsup:

If you don't have one already. I have some extra brand new victor keychains. I'd be happy to mail you one free of charge. Every christine car needs one on there keys like in the movie. Send me a PM if you want it.View attachment 496130 :D
Thank you for the kind offer. I think I might have purchased one on ebay a year or two ago but Ill have to check. I was buying stuff crazily at one stage lol

Nice work Terry! Is your son learning the skills you're using to restore the car?
He learns a little along the way. Hard getting them interested but. They like the finished item but not the hard work getting it there. Ive been building him a 1942 WW2 Willys jeep over the last 5 years. He does bits here and there but looses interest quickly.

WOW!! very impressive! you've done more in 6 months than most do in 6 years. It took me 2 years just to find parts when I was restoring my Christine about 15 years ago. Great Job! If you need help with any specific details let me know, I'd be happy to help you. When I restored my 58 I was able to take measurements off my buddies real christine movie car.

Great JOB!:thumbsup:
Thank you I will keep that in mind.

Nice!!! I'm doing the same thing, '57 Savoy to Christine. Did you have to modify the fins any to accept the '58 lights? I thought '58 had a deeper recess towards the bottom.

7B1D1C52-DFD2-44A1-A8B4-427A3CF05F58.jpeg

Last edited:
Bit of an update. Slowly sorting the aluminium trims and grille. Everything was quite knocked around so I have just made do with what I have got. Way too expensive for 58 bits these days to be trying to find better stuff. I have just tidied up a 318la engine with push button box for it for the time being till I can afford to build a big block down the track.

763.jpg

772.jpg

781.jpg

788.jpg

792.jpg

794.jpg

796.jpg

799.jpg

801.jpg

803.jpg

I have spent the last few weeks fully rewiring the car from front to back. Converting everything from 57 to 58 wiring was a slow task but everything works nice. I had to pull things like the wiper motor and switch apart to clean to get them to work. I also made up a set of the lower valance stainless out of some 1963 dodge side trims I had put away. They worked out the perfect width. I am now up to making a new rear seat as the car never came with one. I have a 67 fury sedan rear seat base which i am modifying and seems to be working out good. The back part is a rear seat out of a mates 1960 chrysler coupe. He wanted a seat with an armrest and the 67 fury seat fits in perfectly with no modifications. I have also got the engine up and running but still need to build an exhaust system for it. I still have a heap of stainless bends and tube left over from my pace car build so will utilize those.

809.jpg

808.jpg

815.jpg

813.jpg

819.jpg

Little bit of progress over the last few months. I built a 2 1/2 inch twin stainless exhaust and got the motor running. Last few days I have been doing a little paint correction now its had 6 months to settle. I have also built a rear seat from scratch which was not a lot of fun but it turned out good. Hopefully onto the brakes and suspension soon when funds permit.

828.jpg

831.jpg

835.jpg

840.jpg

842.JPEG

848.JPEG

849.JPEG

850.JPEG

854.JPEG

855.JPEG

You are still 'blowing me away Terry'!

With all this death and destruction going on in Euroland, this is my new 'MIND SPACE'....:thumbsup:

When i see this transformation of rust into beauty, I can see hope for the future of mankind (again).:thankyou:

Christine lives not with 'anger' but with grace and forgiveness...

Christine lives.jpg

My friend here in the UK was/is a Christine nut too!

He had saved up £5000 back in the 80's to buy one in the USofA.
I had just bought a 68 R/T Charger from the USA and he bought that from me instead.:usflag:
Think he sort of regrets it now as finding a Christine will be very hard now?:BangHead:

He still has the 68 R/T so if he sells I'm sure he can fund a Christine even now...:eek:

Anyways what I would like to offer you is 'a BIG BLOCK' engine from England.

I have a garage full of engines from Mild to Wild lol...
As a lifelong collector and builder of Mopar engines I have some spare!

Just finished a first year 383ci engine 62/63 for a Jensen Cv8 but the owner has fallen on hard times!
If you are interested I can send it to you for a nominal fee...:thumbsup:

Don't forget to ask the DOG first lol...:thankyou:

can you see my face in that chrome.jpg

Back