1957 Chrysler 300 C Convertible Farm find

"THE CAR IS A ROUGH CORE FOR A REBODY OR CONVERSION. FRAME AND BODY ARE RUSTED . ,BUT THE TIRES HOLD AIR AND IT STEERS."

Oh good, I was starting to think this car wasn't drivable. The tires and steering must be where the $25K value is. A rough core for a re-body? I think "parts car" sums it up better.
58831787-770-0@2X.jpg

This guy deserves the title of 'Dreamer of 2017', and the previous owner, if still alive, deserves a good kick up the arse for letting such a rare and beautiful car rot, God people are stupid! :mad:

the value is in the VIN and all the Convertible specific parts.
Rust will be repaired with a complete donor car I guess

Carsten

This thing should have been so lucky to have a barn to be neglected in.:BangHead:

I don't really want to jump on my knee jerk negative reaction to this car. I'll just say: If there is a human alive willing to pay this much for a car that only by some sort of miracle made it from its resting place in one piece (sorta) (kinda) then RESTORE it, well, they are a stronger, smarter, more well off human than I.

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole covered in neosporin.

One of these days I am going to have to take a ride back own to the place near Gettysburg that has bunch of old chrysler/desoto cars........including one of these in both a 57 and 58 ragtop.

WOW!!....Really....25k. The convertible top parts alone will cost 10k-plus if you can find or make them. Finish cutting it in half and make a trailer with a built-in cooler and couch between those big fins. Seeing more guys doing this......

In the shape it is in the only way it could be worth that kind of money was if it was a 58 with the factory Fuel Injection still on it.

:rofl: Gotta be some kind of joke. The only good piece of sheet metal on that car is the deck lid.
I love the Fred Flintstone floor treatment. The ad should have said... you pay for the ad, come and get it.
The ad costed more than what the car is worth.

Back