1957 coronet 500 392 hemi

69monaco

Reaction score
upload_2017-9-14_22-16-35.png

1957 Dodge Coronet 500 2dr HT

That would be a good car for someone who wants a project
And has deep pockets. There's some nice original forward looks running around, each one I see for sale that is fairly complete is high 20s or up, which seems like a deal, because that's probably what it would cost in parts and paint and mechanical work.

I never noticed how much bumper was on the front........ like a Dolly Parton grille.

It can't be worth half that, right?

It can't be worth half that, right?

I dunno, looks like it's rusted on the leading edge of the fender, trim missing, rear seat looks like it's laying there.

A collector that has some parts cars would be a more logical buyer up towards that price, I wouldn't try to restore it if it were given to me, couldn't pay the money to get it done right.

Unless of course, someone wants to buy a 65 Fury for 20k. :BangHead:

Sure would be a nice car restored right!!

He has had the '59 on Craigs for approx. one year...interior appears all done...brakes and paint and chroming?????? perhaps he will come down 3k to help the project along. If he did that it would not be hard to have 25k in it.....enjoy it for a decade and you will at least break even or be ahead in value.

Could you bring number 1 to the condition of number 2 for 20k? Nope.
Although 1957 is slightly more desirable.

392 Hemis were not available from the factory in 1957 Dodges, nor were swivel seats. So its original engine is missing unless this guy is missing a screw and thinks an original poly engine is a Hemi. And the original seats are likely gone too. One photo doesn't tell anything, and a continental kit - who wants one in the first place? This whole listing is suspect and devoid of any significant information.

392 Hemis were not available from the factory in 1957 Dodges, nor were swivel seats. So its original engine is missing unless this guy is missing a screw and thinks an original poly engine is a Hemi. And the original seats are likely gone too. One photo doesn't tell anything, and a continental kit - who wants one in the first place? This whole listing is suspect and devoid of any significant information.

Well you beat me to it.

Which is why I said a nice project. With the mods that are already done this is the car for the current generation 392

Which is why I said a nice project. With the mods that are already done this is the car for the current generation 392

Seems like a high starting point for that kind of a project, although it might pale compared to the cost when done.........................

Back