For Sale 1957 Desoto MOPAR fireflight sportsman two door hardtop - $3800 (Milton)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://pensacola.es.craigslist.org/cto/4592412351.html

00y0y_4Y5RxJGMsC6_600x450.jpg

Extra crispy interior! Kool car though.

It was outside for a long, long time. Body isn't in too terrible condition.

These Fireflight De Sotos were on Dodge frames. The small "spitfire" engine and powerflight trans are a drawback.
It would be a nice driver but not worth the investment to restore.

Nice style though

These Fireflight De Sotos were on Dodge frames. The small "spitfire" engine and powerflight trans are a drawback.
It would be a nice driver but not worth the investment to restore.

Nice style though

Thanks Will........I'm still researching Forward Look cars. Every little bit of knowledge helps.

My Grandpa had a lot of cars....a lot of them Mopars. Every single one of them were 4 door or wagon models. I can't ever remember him having a 2 door or a convertible.

Their car is a Firesweep, not a Fireflite.

The Adventurer and Fireflite have the full height rear window like the 300 and the New Yorker.
57 DeSoto_ (230).jpg

The Firedome had the shorter rear window, but still had the long wheelbase, Chrysler/DeSoto front clip and the 341 Hemi.

57 DeSoto (239).jpg

The Firesweep had a shorter wheelbase, Dodge front clip, a Dodge Poly engine and was built in the Dodge plant.

.57 DeSoto_ (41).jpg

In '58 the Chrysler Windsor went to the shortened wheelbase and Dodge front clip also.

58 Chrysler (1).jpg

57 DeSoto_ (230).jpg

57 DeSoto (239).jpg

57 DeSoto_ (41).jpg

58 Chrysler (1).jpg

Their car is a Firesweep, not a Fireflite.

The Adventurer and Fireflite have the full height rear window like the 300 and the New Yorker.
View attachment 38130

The Firedome had the shorter rear window, but still had the long wheelbase, Chrysler/DeSoto front clip and the 341 Hemi.

View attachment 38131

The Firesweep had a shorter wheelbase, Dodge front clip, a Dodge Poly engine and was built in the Dodge plant.

.View attachment 38132

In '58 the Chrysler Windsor went to the shortened wheelbase and Dodge front clip also.

View attachment 38133
Thanks for the corrections. The Fireflites were top of the line trim with 4 barrel carbs, the Firedomes slightly lower trim quality and quantity and had 2 barrel carbs. The 'sweeps are really Dodges, fine cars, but not truly a DeSoto

Thanks for the corrections. The Fireflites were top of the line trim with 4 barrel carbs, the Firedomes slightly lower trim quality and quantity and had 2 barrel carbs. The 'sweeps are really Dodges, fine cars, but not truly a DeSoto
I think your splitting hairs here, all Desotos had a very distinctive look and I'll not be a part of the even remote idea that they were re badged Dodges! Shame on you for even thinking such an atrocity could have taken place!

The 'sweeps are really Dodges, fine cars, but not truly a DeSoto

I think your splitting hairs here, all Desotos had a very distinctive look and I'll not be a part of the even remote idea that they were re badged Dodges! Shame on you for even thinking such an atrocity could have taken place!

Thing is ..... he's right. The Firesweep was De Soto sheetmetal on a dodge platform.

I know that. It just pisses me off.
Like saying: "19xx Fury 2 door convertible.
No Chit azzhole. a TWO door...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back