1957 DeSoto

73Coupe

Reaction score
Seen this at the vintage trailer show in Palm Springs last week, as part of their annual modernism week event. I want one!

IMG_6833.jpg

IMG_6834.jpg

IMG_6837.jpg

IMG_6985.jpg

IMG_6831.jpg

IMG_6840.jpg

IMG_6835.jpg

IMG_6983.jpg

Love it, love it, love it. If you asked me to name the single, no-doubt-about-it, coolest looking car of all time, it would be the '57 De Soto. I do prefer the Fireflte, but even a Firesweep excites!

A few years ago at Carlisle they featured the Forward Look cars. It was one of my favorite years at the event. I always liked those cars but I came away with a whole new appreciation for them. By looking at all of the detail, body lines, chrome, and fins one couldn't help but to be impressed. Then you talk to the owners of some of those cars and find out what it took to restore them you are even more impressed. Remember there is next to no reproduction parts for these cars. Keep up the good work all of you Forward Look faithful.

"Keep up the good work all of you Forward Look faithful."

It's a labor of love, no doubt.

JUST amazing, hadn't seen that color combination before, unusual and elegant. Always wanted to go to Modernism week, and I'm sure the weather in Palm Springs is nicer in February than here in DC...................

Had a chance to by one of these before I bought my '62 New Yorker. Only option it had was the Torque-flight as opposed to the Power-flight. Really wanted it... until I opened the trunk. I could read a newspaper lying on the ground - there was no trunk, only rusted edges where one used to be.

My back yard was a junk yard growing up in the 60's I remember a few Desoto's

My first car was a 57 DeSoto Firesweep 4 door.
I was 15 and paid $50 for it in good running condition. After a few years and rod knocking made me call a wrecking yard to take it away.---I miss that car.
In 1968 I bought a 300C for $350. It had passenger door and fender damage from a minor wreck which I fixed with parts from a Winsor donor car. Enjoyed driving that car for about ten years.
Lots of good memories with those cars as a teenager.

Trailer show, you say? How about this trailer at Carlisle in 2006 (I was not there, that was before my time):

Here is the same 1957 Adventurer convertible in Minnesota more recently, in 2017:

The boat was apparently created using real 1957 Adventurer parts.

Last edited:
Back