For Sale 1957 Imperial

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorhead55

Reaction score
Contact seller
IMG_1402.JPG
1957 Imperial 2dr Dark blue/light blue The interior has been redone at some point, the seats and door panels are still in good shape. The car has some of the usual rear quarter rust and front fender rust. The engine runs great milage is unknown, the car was a good driver until I took it off the road for rear springs and brake work. Was stored under a deck and kept dry. The car still starts right up and runs right. I have replacement front fenders and a section of driver side quarter panels from Arizona rust free. I also have a mostly complete parts car with a good running engine. The parts car is the single headlight version. I do not have papers for the parts car. Looking for $8000 for both plus other parts accumulated.

IMG_1401.JPG

IMG_1404.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

Hopefully someone will buy it and keep the motor in the car.

The prices have gone up from 1988 when I purchased my '59 Imperial Custom Coupe for $550. Mine needed complete drivetrain rebuilding, brakes body plus interior where a family of racoons took residence.

Pictures make this car look crappy, I don't have the energy to complete all the projects I started. My question to all is this hobby really dying?

They are beautiful cars. I'll have one someday, but these are too far away.

These cars are really expensive and challenging to restore.

I would and could only try to turn one of these into an unrestored driver which would be super kool.

Keeping the car as a good driver was my goal. The car is fantastic on the road and not restoring it to high end money loosing and is not practical, but a fun driver?

If the motor and trans are in reliable condition you then have three areas to concentrate on. Body work/paint, chroming and interior. The interior should be leather for a "Crown" model but does not look too bad. Add 5-10 for body work/paint, same for interior and 2-5 for chroming. Also add 3k for misc. The '57 had either two or four headlights as your choice. Many states did not allow four headlights yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back