1958 Chrysler 300D Fuel Injection

Marv

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Another fantastic episode of Jay Leno´s Garage, the car was under restoration for the last one and a half decades by one of Jay´s mechanics. In earlier episodes it was shown in various stages during the resto, now it´s finished. Fantastic car and with the fuel injection 1 of 21 built.
I love the features like the optional clock in the center of the steering wheel.

While the car is one that was originally equipped with fuel injection, this one uses a modern system that actually runs well. No one has been able get the original system to work again without modifications, and the concensus seems to be why bother trying to make an original 1958 system try to work when the electronics just weren't ready at the time.

The system on this car uses what is really needed to make fueling precise and trouble free - a modern closed loop oxygen sensor system from what I have heard.

Per Blixt owns the car and he is Jay's chief paint and body guy. But I am sure he has vast access to resources within Jay's shop to get the help he might need to make this a real pleasure to drive. He is very capable on his own though.

Back