Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine but I thought someone would like it:

The paint is absolutely beautiful. The mileage is correct and has a little over 27k original miles. Runs like a watch and is a very tight car. The whole car is tight. Trunk has the factory markings which are in amazing shape (see picture). In the trunk is the original trunk mat under the other mat. That rubber isn't soft but is there. Only thing that doesn't work is the clock. Padded dash is again, amazing. Everything is smooth, doors, locks (outside and inside), buttons, and handling. For everyone who has read the book knows the true Christine was a four door. The four door hard top is the lowest production Plymouth for that year. The body is untouched and rust free. Yes, a 58 Plymouth with no rust. A very dry car.

Plymouth: Other

I just love the Forward Look four door hard tops.
I read the book ..... don't remember Christine as being a four door......

Very nice!

I would drive it every chance that I could!!!!

Amazing, I had no idea Chrysler painted cars that well back in 1958 - in red no less. It would be very difficult to recreate that headliner. I wonder how anyone buying it could ever take it out of their garage once they got it!

I've been told they were never made in red by more than one person. What's the real story

Me thinks there were 2 Red's for the Belvedere...Royal Red and Toreador Red but I may be wrong. I was just looking them up a few days ago for a 59 I was considering in Bittersweet

I was hoping for this....
image.jpeg

Found this instead....
image.jpeg

Me thinks there were 2 Red's for the Belvedere...Royal Red and Toreador Red but I may be wrong. I was just looking them up a few days ago for a 59 I was considering in Bittersweet

I was hoping for this....
View attachment 90617

Found this instead....
View attachment 90619
Is that restorable or a parts car? The fully restored one looks great.

Is that restorable or a parts car? The fully restored one looks great.

I was going to restore it based on the pictures the owner sent me but when I had a friend look it over and send me this i decided it was too far gone for my skills

I asked the guy if the floors and trunk were solid.....oh ya he says....$850 btw I almost said yes

image.jpeg

I was going to restore it based on the pictures the owner sent me but when I had a friend look it over and send me this i decided it was too far gone for my skills

I asked the guy if the floors and trunk were solid.....oh ya he says....$850 btw I almost said yes
EEK, what a mess, must be something better around and this could be just a parts car if it's that cheap.

Happy searching.

AHPS - Tech Pages Article
"The Fury was a special high-performance V-8 model, technically a Belvedere sub-series. It was a limited-edition Buckskin Beige, two-door hardtop with "Fury" on rear fender nameplates, "Sport Tone" moldings with gold anodized aluminum inserts, bumper wing guards, padded interior, front and rear air foam seats, backup lights, dual outside rear-view mirrors, and a Dual Fury 318 CID V-8. Optional was the special 350 CID "Golden Commando" V-8."

This matches everything I ever read about them. I liked the book so much as a kid, I even started listening to WYDD... I don't recall her being a 4 door in the book either, Will.

This is a great car all by itself, why do so many folks insist on making the connection to "Christine"? I would love to see a nice Buckskin Beige model... the red wannabe's make me want to go look at something else.

I never saw Christine and probably never will. So to me that red and white looks great on that car. If it checks out as nice in person someone will get one gorgeous forward look car at a nice price too!

AHPS - Tech Pages Article
"The Fury was a special high-performance V-8 model, technically a Belvedere sub-series. It was a limited-edition Buckskin Beige, two-door hardtop with "Fury" on rear fender nameplates, "Sport Tone" moldings with gold anodized aluminum inserts, bumper wing guards, padded interior, front and rear air foam seats, backup lights, dual outside rear-view mirrors, and a Dual Fury 318 CID V-8. Optional was the special 350 CID "Golden Commando" V-8."

This matches everything I ever read about them. I liked the book so much as a kid, I even started listening to WYDD... I don't recall her being a 4 door in the book either, Will.

This is a great car all by itself, why do so many folks insist on making the connection to "Christine"? I would love to see a nice Buckskin Beige model... the red wannabe's make me want to go look at something else.
Www.oldcarsweekly.com/car-of-the-week/car_of_the_week_1958_plymouth_fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back