WANTED 1959-1966 TRW 5 1/8" power steering pump wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald Morris

Reaction score
Contact seller
Greetings to the Part Rich Moparians!

If any of you folks have one of these older, larger TRW power steering pumps with the big (5/8") return hose port, and want to part with one, we're pretty interested in buying. We need a spare to enable us to switch one in while getting the other rebuilt, as our Newport is THE Family Car.

Even a smaller, functioning B body pump might do in a pinch, long enough to get the big one rebuilt properly.

Much Obliged Folks!

Gerald Morris

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
I have some, but I would consider them cores, they are on non running engines.

Gerald Morris

Reaction score
I have some, but I would consider them cores, they are on non running engines.
Right on. I actually found ONE correct one for that 68 Newport down in our locker this afternoon. It came w the car, pumps, but pours out thge fluid FAR too rapidly to be of use. Still, with that one core, I can send it to Lares and satisfy their $500 core charge, which certainly beats paying that. OR, I can try a crapshoot around this border berg. I can also do a bit of junkyarding around here; low odds though that is.

Good of you to reply! We may yet want one of your cadavers, if we need several such to make a DEEEEAAALLLL of some sort.

Gerald Morris

Reaction score
Most pumps only need new seals. If it is working but just leaks a seal kit is cheap and easy to do.
Was thinking just so myself. Reckon I'll look into that. The little A body pump we have was RTVed but it worked for about 4 yrs after we got the car before any signs of failing showed. It still will drive that steering gear somewhat I reckon. The pump ON the car doesn't leak, but is seizing up momentarily, especially when cold. That's why I want a substitute, so I can pull that one if I must and fix it. Hmm, just remembered the morning the A body pump failed now. Nevermind THAT.

Time for a little homework here....

Status
Not open for further replies.