1959 Imperial Custom Coupe (new tires for the baby)

Pete Kaczmarski

Reaction score
Yesterday, I purchased four tires from Lucas (9.50-14 bias) for the Imperial. I also took these digital photos and it looks great. Next is to get the '70 Fury III Pursuit out and will also take some digital photos to post. The hardest thing to do is decide what car to drive.

100_0255.jpg

100_0256.jpg

100_0257.jpg

100_0258.jpg

100_0259.jpg

100_0260.jpg

100_0261.jpg

Great cars. Are these swivel seats cable operated as on the lesser models from that period or did they have electric motors with Imperials ?

Great cars. Are these swivel seats cable operated as on the lesser models from that period or did they have electric motors with Imperials ?

This is the first year for swivel seats, but the seat swivels outward on a track. They are not power or attached by a cable. I beleive this is the first year for the problematic cruise control also, that I have. The service manual does not even mention it until 1964 i beleive.

Thanks, had something in mind about different kinds of swivel seats, seems to depend on model year. The automatic ones that moved while opening the door seemed to have come out in 60.

Here is the '79 New Yorker, 86k, 360 2bbl, last tank of gas got 18 mpg going to work and around town, all options work. Its a nice all around car.
100_0115.jpg

100_0115.jpg

Another drop-dead beauty I want!
Your collection is stunning.

I also LOVE the stone facade house. English Tudor?

Posted via Topify using Android

Another drop-dead beauty I want!
Your collection is stunning.

I also LOVE the stone facade house. English Tudor?

Posted via Topify using Android

Yes, Lannon Stone home built in the late 30's. Added a fourth bedroom (suite w/bathroom) in walk in attic area, plus a 3 1/2 stall garage but I never have enought storage (still looking).

Very nice cars, Love the Imperial!

Back