1959 Imperial Custom Coupe w/stainless roof option

Pete Kaczmarski

Reaction score
Even though I have owned approx. 75 cars in my life, this car is "My First Real Love". When I first seen a picture of the '59 Imperial I thought it was a experimental car. In 1988 this car was advertised near Madison WI. It was in a rented barn and some kids broke into all of the cars. This car had the driver window forced down and the AM radio was stolen. A family of racoons then made it their home. The interior was in shreds, they even took chunks out of the brake pedal. When I looked in the trunk the racoons were still inside and not happy to see me.
A deal was struck and the car was dragged to a sevice station where I helped out. The motor was seized etc. but I loved the Noctrane Blue color and it was quite loaded with almost all options. NOS seat cloth was found and rust was repaired. A man even duplicated the rear quater trim in stainless instead of potmetal.
The car still gets alot of attention as I enjoy it in the Summer.

100_0209.jpg

100_0210.jpg

100_0212.jpg

100_0217.jpg

That's a real beauty, got any better pics?

Milw. was impressed that it snowed alot a couple days ago......In December we had 16" of heavy wet snow and they had rain and I'm alittle more than one hour away in Waupun.

I'm from Milwaukee......East side. I live in Aberdeen, Maryland now.

Back