For Sale 1960 1961 Plymouth Fury Sparkle Clear Aero Steering Wheel! RARE! Forward look

Mopar Interior Parts For Sale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  1. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Administrator Staff Member

0   0   0

Contact Seller
    Not Mine! Thought this might interest one of you...

1960 1961 Plymouth Fury Sparkle Clear Aero Steering Wheel! RARE! Forward look Mopar piece. Great core for restoration. Not easy to find these days. Was removed from a 60 Canadian Dodge sport suburban wagon. Clear sparkle plastic is very brittle and loose.

Hard to find horn assembly and cap included plus signal switch and wheel nut.

1960 1961 Plymouth Fury Sparkle Clear Aero Steering Wheel! RARE! Forward look | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

1960 1961 Plymouth Fury Sparkle Clear Aero Steering Wheel! RARE! Forward look | eBay

• Thanks! Thanks! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. cantflip

cantflip Old Jagoff with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

That seems like a lot for a wheel that's only a core now... time to get an expert @bluefury361 ???

3. bluefury361

bluefury361 Old Man with a Hat

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Not an expert, just experienced. Buy this wheel at the opening price, have it recast and your looking at a $2000.00 plus steering wheel.
    This is right in line with what a NOS wheel would cost if one was located, not including the center horn bar.
    I had my 61 deluxe, (aero), wheel recast at a cost of $1300.00. Add the cost of a core to that if you need one. A NOS horn bar, (2 pieces), will cost up to $200.00 for each piece, unless you get real lucky.
    I had the opportunity to buy a NOS aero wheel, no horn bar, for $2500.00.
    My thought was that the NOS was still 55 years old and how long, after being put in service, would it take for it to start deteriorating.
    Restoring one of the top model forward look cars is a labor of love and not for profit.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.