1960 300F

robndi43

Reaction score
I sealed the deal on an easily restoreable 1960 Chrysler 300F today!
I have always wanted a finned, crossram car, and now that dream has come true.
Really wanted the '61 G as that's my preference, but the '60 F makes me pretty happy too!
Car is complete, complete, complete!!
Has set for about 30 years in a dry storage garage. No rust, to speak of, in floors, trunk or undercarriage.
Biggest problem is the motor is locked from setting so long. I can fix that.
Can't wait to get it home!!

Screenshot_20200130-234114_Messages~3.jpg

One of the best 300,s...…...:thumbsup:
What color……..black...…...white…?

Probably my all time favorite year and model. We definitely need more pictures. Will you be bringing it home soon?

I kinda guessed your fave by looking at your '61 Newport Avitar. My fave too if you look close at my Avitar only my choice iz for the '61 Long Roof.(Only '61 that had '60 tail lites to match the canted quadz) Fact remains that pound for pound the "F" iz worth more then the "G" at the B.J. Auction. But what do the Fat Catz know other then they just have deep pocketz. Good Score Rob but we need more pix then just the 150 speedo. Need sources or questions answered I can probably help and gladly will, Jer

Probably my all time favorite year and model. We definitely need more pictures. Will you be bringing it home soon?
I'm going after it in April when I get done working in Florida. He's keeping it in his garage until I come after it 9.5 hour drive for me each way to get it.

I kinda guessed your fave by looking at your '61 Newport Avitar. My fave too if you look close at my Avitar only my choice iz for the '61 Long Roof.(Only '61 that had '60 tail lites to match the canted quadz) Fact remains that pound for pound the "F" iz worth more then the "G" at the B.J. Auction. But what do the Fat Catz know other then they just have deep pocketz. Good Score Rob but we need more pix then just the 150 speedo. Need sources or questions answered I can probably help and gladly will, Jer
My favorite is the 61 as I'm biased due to learning to drive in a 61 with manual floor shifted 3 speed. Car had ZERO options, but it would fly!
I agonized 3 days over buying it. Had it been a 61, I would have pounced all over it.
Tried to buy a 61 long roof back in December. It was pretty rough needing new floors. Didnt know if motor ran or turned over. Didn't know if tranny was any good. Tail lights missing. Wanted $7,500 for it I made him an offer, but he watches too much BJ I guess. I talked it over with others that know these cars and $3,500 was the number every one of them agreed on. I really wanted that car, but it needed a lot. White with red interior.
My F will never see Barrett Jackson! Lol!
Appreciate any advice. Motor locked is the biggest obstacle so far.

Several parts ie. Hubcaps, are wrapped up in paper and in boxes in the trunk.
Hate that toilet seat trunk lid!

Back