archlab

Reaction score
Contact seller
ova-60ny1.jpgova-60ny2a.jpg
1960 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER 4-DOOR SEDAN
Asking $19,500, in the Atlanta, GA Area
Unbelievably Great Shape, COMPLETE, Unrestored Original ‘Survivor’
OVERALL DESCRIPTION
• The 1960 New Yorker was Virgil Exner’s best design of all. The New Yorker had tail fins & took instrumentation and luxury to a stunning artform. These cars were sleek & ‘space-aged’, without the overdone ornamentation of so many other cars of this era.
• Very Original, Virtually Impossible to Find this type (or any type) of Car in such excellent shape
• NO RUST Issues. Pans are almost perfect, Frame has only normal surfacing, small pitting areas never got a chance to be more than surface (see photos – you’ll see that I am probably overstating this, but am doing so for full disclosure). I have always kept this car garaged or covered. It appears to have been always garaged or covered before I bought it, as well.
• Unless you want to take it to the level of a 1st Place Show winner. This Car NEEDS NOTHING. I would also not hesitate to DRIVE THIS CAR ANYWHERE.
• The Only modification was to convert the A/C to R134a (Air blows nice & cold)
• Here is a rarity for a car this old bought in Georgia: I Have a Clear Title, ‘In-Hand’.

EXTERIOR / BODY [My Opinion: 8.5 –of- 10]
• Almost Perfect Body (some small dings, nicks & scratches).
• Rust is not an Issue
• Original Paint is not Concourse, but if you want to get there, the effort will be low. Otherwise, it is amazing how it shines up for being 52 years old (or even 5 years old, for that matter).
• All Chrome, trim & brightwork is there – nice & shiny
• Glass is almost perfect

INTERIOR
[My Opinion: 7.5 –of- 10]
Almost Perfect. The only real issues are:
• The dash pad has one small crack.
• Upholstery has wear with some tears (but still impressive for its age)

• Dash, ‘Electronics/Electrics’ & Gauges
• Incredible Astro-Dome Dash Design
• Everything works except the fuel gauge & the clock. The radio takes a minute to ‘warm-up’, but that is part of the charm!
• Power EVERYTHING (Seat & 3 Windows all work - 1 is getting current, but think the motor is not working)

MECHANICAL [9 of 10]:
Excellent Mechanical Shape. Extra-Clean, No Leaks - one could eat off of this engine & compartment (if one really wanted to)
• Correct Engine, ‘Golden Lion’ 413 V8
I believe that this engine had some work, possibly a rebuild. Either way, it runs great…nice & quiet, like a sewing machine. Starts on first try everytime. No Smoke, no noises.
• Transmission: 3-Speed, Pushbutton Transmission Works perfectly
• Cooling: Radiator, hoses, heater core & plenum are in great shape.
• Most Other hoses & Lines are either recently replaced, or in Very Good shape
• Air Conditioning: Everything functions perfectly. As mentioned before, this has been Upgraded to R134a, so maintenance is not an issue (& if it ever is, it will be cheap to fix)
• Driveshaft & Rear End have no Issues
• Fuel Tank & Lines are in great shape (as mentioned before, the fuel gauge does not work – this could be a faulty sending unit – I haven’t ever checked into it)

SUSPENSION & BRAKES [8 of 10]:
• Excellent Riding Front Suspension & Rear Suspensions. Tie Rods, Ball Joints, Bushings, etc all look & feel good w/ no play or squeaks
• Steering: No Play, Power Steering functions great. New hoses.
• 4-Wheel Drum Brakes. Stops Straight & Effectively. One upgrade that I always wanted to do would be to make this a Disc Brake Car.
• Tires have about 98% tread left on them. They are not brand new, but I just haven’t driven this car many miles, so they are in great shape & look almost new.
• Wheels & Hub Caps are in great shape

ASKING: $19,500.00 CASH SALE ONLY / NO Trades/ All Costs such as transport, registration, taxes, transaction costs (ie Paypal, banking), etc are responsibility of buyer.
Accepted Offer, or Bid requires a $750 Non-Refundable Cash/Fully Cleared Deposit. Vehicle remains in my possession & ownership until all funds have cleared. Personal Inspection of the Vehicle is welcomed & recommended. If you want an Independent mechanical inspection, it is at your cost plus $100 for my time (however, if you buy, I will refund this to you). I have made a detailed & good faith attempt to describe this vehicle fully, nonetheless, it is being Sold AS-IS, Where-is, with No Warranties, explicit or implied.

Terms: Cash, USPS Money Order, Bank Transfer, PayPal. All Non-Cash Transactions will require the following: All Funds must be fully cleared into my account before I relinquish possession & sign over Ownership/Title. As such, please factor in extra time for this type of transaction. Additionally, any fees associated with Non-Cash transactions (such as Paypal) are the responsibility of the Buyer. For mutual satisfaction, I suggest a face -to-face transaction.

Pickup/Delivery: Please factor this time & cost into the purchase before bidding. If the successful bid requires a Buyer Pickup, please call to schedule with me. Additionally, I can deliver (drive) this vehicle to you at full cost of travel expenses (to be agreed upon before actual delivery).
FWIW, I am selling because we had a Baby, so wife says I gotta buy a Mini-Van (Nooooooo!!!!!). I am happy to answer any questions you've got. I am really sad to even be thinking of selling this car, but having a child changes priorities, as you may know firsthand.
The Bottom Line is that one could not build (& be hard-pressed to even find) this car to this level for the Asking Price. Come on down & see it. I will bet that you will fall in love with this car like I did. Once you do, you'll want to take a detour & hit Route 66 on the way home!

For Photos & questions, please email me: [email protected]

ova-60ny1.jpg

ova-60ny2a.jpg

Last edited:
I appreciate the efforts of the owners/ administrators of this site and would like to say thanks for letting me advertise here.

Looks like that would be a keeper.
The baby is safer in that than a minivan.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

WTF.
Does every new mother have a recessive Minivan gene that developes fully right after a baby??

Thank god men were given The 3 Stooges gene instead.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Beautiful car! I wouldn't give up trying to convince the wife to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back