1960 dodge polara

69monaco

Reaction score
1960 Dodge Polara | eBay

Look at the lines......:thumbsup:

s-l1600.jpg

Other than the steering wheel the car looks like it's 100% good.

I don't need a complete history lesson of that cars model. He is not specific on condition of drivetrain etc. Is there a running driving motor in it?.......

Last edited:
I was wondering about the engine also. Look how high the nose is... almost like the engine's not even in the car.
Hope whoever is bidding on it did there homework. Costs a fortune to put an interior in one of those. Around a grand for the steering wheel alone.
Couple other interesting cars in the background.

The 60s are so cool..... A solid body is the only thing I'd worry about on one of these and this looks like it has one

The way it sits, I would also think it didn't have an engine. But the specs say it is a 383. Did Mopar even have a 383 in 1960?

I sent him an email question thru the listing to describe the condition of the drivetrain etc. I believe the question and his answer will be on the listing. Why would anyone bid that kind of money without asking those questions.

The way it sits, I would also think it didn't have an engine. But the specs say it is a 383. Did Mopar even have a 383 in 1960?
It may have an engine but I think it's in the trunk. Lol. I looked again at the pics, the driver's side rear wheel arch is at the white wall line. The passenger side wheel arch is about 3 inches lower. I'd be hard pressed to give him that kinda coin for this car. Imho

1960 and 1961 Polaras these days are incredibly rare and highly sought after. And this one has little of the usual rust it appears. That is why it is already at $18,700 as I write this with nearly 3 days left to bid and 8 bidders at present. It will likely go even higher despite its current pretty good restorable condition. They are stand out cars when done well................

26297810065_original.jpg

1960dodgepolarad500a.jpg

And the 61 Polaras rate high too...........

9c5dd6361f6914bd8e0954ac4bc76d18--antique-cars-mopar.jpg

11-61-Dodge-Polara-13.jpg

This one ended at a fairly healthy price. The seller's reputation is questionable at best, and his description of the Polara was pretty much worthless - doesn't say anything about what looks like rust in one of the rear quarters, whether it has an engine in it or not and or much of anything else in his two lines of description. I asked him some questions and never got a reply. I hope the buyer doesn't shell out any money before he lays eyes on it.

eBay Item Bid History

Looking at the photos again, I realized it looks like the suspension has been modified - it sits really high in the front and really low in the back. Let's hope for the sake of the buyer that someone cranked up the torsion bars up front and did some reversible mods to the suspension in the rear. At least, in that scenario, the car could possibly have an engine/drivetrain and the suspension can be put back to normal relatively inexpensively. The possible rust, etc., are another story. Hope someone didn't get taken too badly on this one.

Back