NOT MINE 1960 Imperial So Cal

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score

1960 Chrysler imperial - $6,000 (Fallbrook) 1960 Chrysler imperial - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

01313_8KyyvORkUjXz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00t0t_fqe9CX4tgaIz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00l0l_5qBfxHQN5ngz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

01212_1mTyRFN5l7ez_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00r0r_iAMhd13oqhxz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

01212_6o188L2lENaz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00808_4POjdSImgCez_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00G0G_dUdZTjENjJxz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00000_d5bsCV8CAvMz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00d0d_5xBM48IjBhez_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00c0c_12GSzdIsUXxz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
1960 Chrysler imperial
fuel: gas
odometer: 88000
title status: missing
transmission: automatic
1960 Chrysler imperial. Push button transmission, no center door post. This car has been sitting in a garage since 1980. There is almost no rust. The car is fully complete. engine, crome trim everything is there. I don't know if the motor runs. I put a new battery and everything seems to work. Lights windows etc. I do not have keys for it. I have a bill of sale a long with everything else the dmv asked for. Body is super straight. Floor boards are solid. Interior is in really good shape. $6,000 obo

I've passed on some vehicles in California that didn't have titles; always spooked me. California requires a title. This seller says they have "everything.. the dmv asked for", so why don't they get a replacement title? But since I've never tried it, maybe there's a good reason why not. Has anyone ever gone through this process in California? Sure looks like a nice car: original interior, no dash or steering wheel cracks, I hope those stains on the rear seat cover are just that.. stains.. and haven't penetrated to the original fabric. Someone changed the generator out for an alternator. I wonder why they haven't tried to start it; looks like there's a tacked on push-button starter. I don't know much about these cars. Any knowledgeable members here.. or maybe there's a forum specifically for the earlier generations of Imperials?

$6K is a steal for this car in my uneducated opinion.
Getting it up to 100% snuff will bankrupt you in my educated opinion.
If it was a 2 dr, I bet @saforwardlook would jump on it.

I've passed on some vehicles in California that didn't have titles; always spooked me. California requires a title. This seller says they have "everything.. the dmv asked for", so why don't they get a replacement title? But since I've never tried it, maybe there's a good reason why not. Has anyone ever gone through this process in California? Sure looks like a nice car: original interior, no dash or steering wheel cracks, I hope those stains on the rear seat cover are just that.. stains.. and haven't penetrated to the original fabric. Someone changed the generator out for an alternator. I wonder why they haven't tried to start it; looks like there's a tacked on push-button starter. I don't know much about these cars. Any knowledgeable members here.. or maybe there's a forum specifically for the earlier generations of Imperials?
Haven't done it in CA but have done a bonded title in AZ a couple of times. Not too bad, just kind of aggravating having to go through all the steps. Last car I did was a 65 Fury and it cost me $200 and took about 20 days to get a good title.

Lost title situations suck in CA. I waited for 11 months once and that was almost 10 years ago before the "staffing shortages". Good luck now.
According to Hagerty (as of 2109), the following states do not require a title on a vintage vehicle: Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Utah, & Washington.

We have countless adds where the guy has everything to get a title. But of course they never get one.
I delved into it in Oregon. What they do is print out a blank form or grab one at the dmv.
Which is a lien auction document. Somebody writes you a receipt which can be anybody. Then you sign an affidavit attesting that you paid cash for the vehicle at this public auction. Which of course is not the case, therefore it is is an act of fraud involving a state government department.

It can be done legally, which never involves a classified add unless it is the required advertisement that a public auction is being held.

The person selling must submit their own document.

Im sure it goes on all the time without issue on field cars but if anybody was ever to dispute your possession you had better have proof of that public auction.

$6K is a steal for this car in my uneducated opinion.
Getting it up to 100% snuff will bankrupt you in my educated opinion.
If it was a 2 dr, I bet @saforwardlook would jump on it.
There was a time Stan when I probably would have bought this car if it was a 2 door, but a couple years ago now, I ended up looking around at all the vehicles I then had and decided that something had to give - my decision, based on an array of factors, was that I would not strive to restore any of my 1960 Imperials due to their complexity, parts availability and other factors and I ended up selling all 6 of the ones I already had to a large collector up in the Bay area of California. Since I retired 10 years ago now, I sold 35 of my cars to bring things down to be more reasonable. I am 75 now and still doing my own restorations but I can't imagine that should I make it to 85 by God's grace, that I would still be doing restorations, so I decided to thin the herd so as not to leave my trustee in a bind when I am gone. He still would have a formidable task though.....

Steve: If it was a coupe 20 years ago I'd have tried to get it! Remember I had three coupes and sold two of them but I'm keeping the blue bomber! On the bight side the steering wheel looks good, no cracks dash looks real nice also no cracks. AC all there.

Back